Decoy Pro 29 - won’t switch after wet ride!

E_S_Blofeld

Sep 1, 2020
Surrey Hills.
Been out this afternoon for about 30k. Towards the end of the ride it started to rain heavily. Stopped near the end of the ride and switched the bike off. Went to switch it back on to ride the last mile or so home and that’s when problems started. Battery had 2 bars when we stopped. However it would not power on. Took the battery out, all seemed quite dry inside considering the heavy rain. Put battery back on. Powered on for a second then went off. Then it started to turn on and off by itself! Rode home with no power, took battery out and brought it inside to dry out. Any suggestions. Has this happened to you? Is it just a simple fix or should I be worried it’s something terminal? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks.

E_S_Blofeld

Sep 1, 2020
Surrey Hills.
Search
Decoy hacks??!!
U should find all u need to know dude

Thanks. That’s a really helpful thread. Some great advice for waterproofing going forward. Hoping my issue is just some moisture that needs to dry out, or some dirt in the charging port. Dried out the bike / battery last night. Will clean port out today. Fingers I’m up and riding again soon. Thanks ?

E_S_Blofeld

Sep 1, 2020
Surrey Hills.
Well it’s all sorted. Removed the battery and kept it indoors overnight. This morning I dried the battery bay on the bike with a rag and refitted the battery. All back in and switched on today. Assume it was water / dirt in the charge port / battery connection.

nickfrog

May 22, 2020
UK
Glad it's fixed. Happened to me once on a Decoy 29 after a wash and a battery removal plus clean sorted it. I use electrical contact cleaner now too on those contacts and the main charging point. If that's all the trouble I am going to get than I can live with that.

E_S_Blofeld

Sep 1, 2020
Surrey Hills.
Glad it's fixed. Happened to me once on a Decoy 29 after a wash and a battery removal plus clean sorted it. I use electrical contact cleaner now too on those contacts and the main charging point. If that's all the trouble I am going to get than I can live with that.

Yep think I'll look into that option. Riding home in heavy rain for the last 2 miles with no battery was no much fun !

Thanks for your help guys.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles