Decoy love was great while it lasted....

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
2014 I separated my left rotator cuff and AC joint, I thought that really sucked. 2018 I broke the head of my humerus off and shattered it, separated right RC, broke my neck, sternum, ribs and punctured lung. That really sucked. 2 surgeries to repair the humerus, and they cut through a lot of tendons/muscles to gain access to that part of your shoulder so recovery was incredibly slow/painful. I was able to start riding again, carefully, after about 8-10 weeks but had no shoulder strength and very limited ROM. After about a year I was only at maybe 50%. Now it’s at probably 80% and life has gotten back to normal. The shoulder is a little funky but it works. Not sending it like I used to.

Get well soon! Shoulder injuries are the worst. As said above do the PT, it’s really stupid not to. And try not to do it again.

View attachment 38082
High Rock Ruti

I hate to point it out, but they left a bunch hardware inside your shoulder, a body that's never met a metal detector it hasn't set off.......

Warm Regards

Ruti

Jeffsy29

May 6, 2020
Rockville MD
2014 I separated my left rotator cuff and AC joint, I thought that really sucked. 2018 I broke the head of my humerus off and shattered it, separated right RC, broke my neck, sternum, ribs and punctured lung. That really sucked. 2 surgeries to repair the humerus, and they cut through a lot of tendons/muscles to gain access to that part of your shoulder so recovery was incredibly slow/painful. I was able to start riding again, carefully, after about 8-10 weeks but had no shoulder strength and very limited ROM. After about a year I was only at maybe 50%. Now it’s at probably 80% and life has gotten back to normal. The shoulder is a little funky but it works. Not sending it like I used to.

Get well soon! Shoulder injuries are the worst. As said above do the PT, it’s really stupid not to. And try not to do it again.

@Camstyn - OMG looks like HomeDepot in that X-ray! That seems incredibly severe for getting back on the bike just 8-10 weeks post-op. My ortho Doc is forecasting no biking until 12 weeks. I'm just 3 weeks post-op now, so it's too early yet to even start PT according to ortho Doc.

Thanks for the well-wishes. I'll try to take it a little slower next time but it's sure tempting to let the Decoy fly on those flowy trails.

Camstyn

Jun 19, 2019
Kamloops BC
I was riding as soon as I was able to without severe pain. Just greens and easy blue trails though until I had more strength and control, which really took a long time. My ortho didn’t approve but he understood. It probably wasn’t smart but I needed to get off the recliner, I was off work for 6 months and going stir crazy. Can only play so much Grand Theft Auto.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles