Decoy lights powered by bike battery.

Stewface

Jan 21, 2018
Sussex by the Sea
I was think about lights and how to power them. I did see a light as an option when ordering my decoy ?.Does anyone know how to wire up a front light?
The picture below is inside the Dow tube with battery removed, there appears to be a loose wire on the right. Anyone know what this is for?

B68E6BBF-F5EF-4304-A2A6-081301FA6338.jpeg

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
I think this was mentioned before .. (but too lazy to search :cool:). I am no means an expert in electrical anything and stick to using mechanical tools (ask my wife - lol)

Is there any limitations to powering an aftermarket set of lights VS the Lupine model that is spec'd for the bike (if your running the same spec battery cell as the bike ??) Anybody doing so ??

I run a Gemini 4000 lumen bar setup with a 58Wh 6-cell battery (battery specs and pics below)

SIX HIGH CAPACITY 18650 CELLS

The 6-Cell Battery uses high quality lithium-ion cells from Samsung SDI. Each of the six cells are smartly monitored by a built-in voltage regulator – this means you can charge and discharge worry-free.

Would be easy to splice in the correct adaptor vs suspending this pack off the top tube … any issues in doing so ?

2019-battery-6cell_900x.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles