Decoy in Bike Park Wales

leocompositing

Sep 14, 2020
Surrey hills
Have you taken your Decoy to BPW? If so did you take the uplift or did pedal up the hill?
I'm wondering how many runs one can do climbing in Boost mode...

thanks

Leo

Fatbap

Feb 15, 2020
Rhondda south wales
Done BPW. Twice on my decoy but used the uplift as the other 3 boys I was with was on acoustic bikes. So can’t say how long it would last. 1 of the boys has bought a decoy now an has done BPW a few times. But he is fit an towed his 6yr old up an done a few runs he was in eco an had 3 bars left

nickfrog

May 22, 2020
UK
I managed 5 climbs in ECO on a Decoy 29. The Beast of Burden is actually quite good fun. I had a bit of power left but just in case we recharged for 1 hour at (late) lunch time (£5). This allowed another 3.

OllieT90

Nov 5, 2020
Oxford
I got 6 climbs in total on a Decoy 29 Pro using the fireroad rather than following the full Beast of Burden climb (the fireroad loosely follows the climb), using a mixture of eco and trail.

For reference I weigh 95kg with kit on

Neil.Simpson

Sep 10, 2019
Bristol, UK
I got 5.5 climbs in eco - I have my eco set slightly higher than stock. I’m around 95kg. 3 on the beast of burden and 2.5 on the fire road. I way prefer been on the bike than in an uplift. Invested in a second battery for park days. V warm day as well and ground was super dry so perfect conditions for Max battery usage.

nickfrog

May 22, 2020
UK
I got 5.5 climbs in eco - I have my eco set slightly higher than stock. I’m around 95kg. 3 on the beast of burden and 2.5 on the fire road. I way prefer been on the bike than in an uplift. Invested in a second battery for park days. V warm day as well and ground was super dry so perfect conditions for Max battery usage.

I agree Neil. The bus is a total PITA by contrast. And it smells.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Takes about 25 mins as well. I find it a bit of a pain in the arse to be honest, but that's just me!
Hang on a minute ! You’ve bought an ebike and have gone to an uplift bike park which you can ride up instead of queuing for a ride in a stinky muddy cramped van ( and save £30 ) and you say “ it’s a a bit of a pain in the arse “ !
Dear oh dear ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles