Decoy has arrived

Rich888

Oct 3, 2018
Cumbria
D45C11AE-EAA5-4189-AB34-DF9ECC11856F.jpeg

Rich888

Oct 3, 2018
Cumbria
Nice to see that YTnis delivering. Especially the Pro Race model. Congrats and send us who dont have one more photos. PS does the bike have inner tubes from factory? Are the rims easy to make tubeless setup?
Yes they are Tubed I've not looked but they are Carbon rims so should be straightforward to set up tubeless

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
Mine arrived 3 weeks ago, about 10 days late but we were on holiday anyway......... Size S, really over the moon with it all, swapped the brakes out with Hope V4 that I had kicking around and a Hope 50mm stem to get a little more weight over the front, never tried the saddle as a lot of people griped about it, slapped my trusty SDG Belair on:

fullsizeoutput_325.jpeg

Borist

Apr 13, 2018
SoCal
Beautiful scenery! I changed the seat on my Decoy as well. Took out tubes and put orange seal in. Now I'm waiting for a pair of Revgrips and crank boots. That will be all of the custom stuff for now

Borist

Apr 13, 2018
SoCal
Yes the rims were taped. By coincidence I lost my tire levers from the bag a day before I took the tubes out so I had to do it all by hands. It was surprisingly easy. Just pushed tire bead into middle of the rim to pop it off. Tires sealed with just a floor pump - valve core removed for quick pumping to seat, added sealant and pumped back up with valve core installed.

I'm experimenting with pressures, going down from 24 psi on my first ride. So far I rode only nearby trails which are blue at best, but there are few rocky sections. Tried 17 PSI last time, which seemed fine in front but felt a bit soft on the back.

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
May give it a try the day after tomorrow, going up the Col du Galibier with some mates tomorrow to watch the TDF, don't want to try anything new that may spoil the day!

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
Only around here (Serre Chevalier), but it is chock-full of great routes and has a good bike park too! Contact me if you're out this way and want to hook up!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles