Decoy Dropper Insertion & Travel Options

Jpzeroday

Sep 16, 2018
Nevada
For me, 150mm drop is just not enough to get the saddle out of the way on rowdy bits.

Can anyone confirm:

Insertion length for Decoy L?

Anyone converted to a >=175mm dropper?

I’d like to go with at minimum a 175 Transfer, but better would be a 180-200 Revive or OneUp.

For reference, I run 180 revives in my Yeti acoustic mtbs and am converting my 19 Levo to one of the new OneUp 2.0 180s. The revives have excellent actuation but the OneUp 2.0s work well when insertion depth is limited.

Any successes converting to longer droppers?

Kinda puzzled why YT wouldn’t spec at least a 175 on their L-XXL sizes. Specialized (who’s expert component spec was otherwise a joke) at least has 160 for the larger sizes.

d3ftone

May 29, 2019
Colorado
I know the XL has a max seat tube insertion of 280mm. The difference of overall seat tube length between the L and XL is 25mm, so I suppose 255mm is the max insertion for the L.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Well a lot of it is going to depend on your inside leg measurement - you can fit any size dropper in the bike, but the real question is what is the maximum length you can insert a dropper into the seat tube and still extend it for you to fit on? A One Up dropper post will provide the most drop for minimum insertion length.

GSuperstar

Feb 24, 2021
United Kingdom
I just tried a oneup 210 dropper on my large decoy mullet. Fits at max insertion :oops:

Hey! I spoke to YT and they said the max insertion for a Large Decoy Mullet was 260mm. Looking at the One-up 210, the bottom of the collar to the end of the activation point is 297mm. Did you manage to completely insert up to the seat collar?

Thanks!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles