Auto WARNING : Possible Duplicate user : "Zero"
Feb 6, 2020
GB
Wheel diameter can be changed to compensate

Fx1

Auto WARNING : Possible Duplicate user : "Zero"
Feb 6, 2020
GB
Does STunlocker have the ability to adjust wheel size? My bike seems like I'm going a bit slower than the Shimano display says.
Yes it does.

Change the value by 10% and in theory you will gain 10% speed limit

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The Shimano motor decreases the level of assist as you get close to the limit, the idea being that you dont get a sudden drop off as you hit the limit.

Be aware that if you have a problem with the motor, and need to get it warrantied, but have used a third part app to tune it, then you will need to flash the software back to stock before sending it off, as they can tell through the diagnostic software if it has been played about with, and may not warranty the motor if they think it has been derestricted.

IMO if you really want to look at derestricting the bike, then something like the Badass box is a better option as you dont have to change the software, or connect anything to the motor, as it simply tricks the speed sensor it not thinking you are going half as fast as you are, though of course this means the speed displayed won't be accurate, not the distance travelled.

MacRS

Apr 19, 2020
U.K.
The Shimano motor decreases the level of assist as you get close to the limit, the idea being that you dont get a sudden drop off as you hit the limit.

Be aware that if you have a problem with the motor, and need to get it warrantied, but have used a third part app to tune it, then you will need to flash the software back to stock before sending it off, as they can tell through the diagnostic software if it has been played about with, and may not warranty the motor if they think it has been derestricted.

IMO if you really want to look at derestricting the bike, then something like the Badass box is a better option as you dont have to change the software, or connect anything to the motor, as it simply tricks the speed sensor it not thinking you are going half as fast as you are, though of course this means the speed displayed won't be accurate, not the distance travelled.

Do you have a badass box on your bike ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Do you have a badass box on your bike ?
i had one for a bit, but I found it reduced the range as you are always using the assistance, so took it off. I am not really so fussed anymore about the limit

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles