Decoy: 2019 CF Pro vs 2020 CF Comp

MTB_MIKE

Dec 20, 2019
Southern California, USA
Love that build. I agree. I did the 180mm on my Lyrik but also went a step further and did a Vorsprung Smashpot coil kit in it instead. also went with a coil rear shock with a progressive spring. It's a real game changer. I literally am in love with my bike's setup. Also went with a ENVE m7 handle bar with a lower rise.

BTW. what rear mudguard are you running?

View attachment 26935

Its a Mucky Nutz mudguard, short

I have a 180mm Smashpot on my Acoustic bike as well. I decided to just go with air on the ebike for times when i lend my bike out to friends. The coil rear is easy to change but the smashpot is more of a hassle...

Hey do you find the progressive spring useful on this bike? What spring rate are you running?

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
Its a Mucky Nutz mudguard, short

I have a 180mm Smashpot on my Acoustic bike as well. I decided to just go with air on the ebike for times when i lend my bike out to friends. The coil rear is easy to change but the smashpot is more of a hassle...

Hey do you find the progressive spring useful on this bike? What spring rate are you running?

Nice. yeah it's not hard but not easy to swap out the spring in the fork. I have done it a couple times trying to find the right spring for me. I don't lend my bike out. at least not my Decoy. I have a nomad I lend out. make them keep up with me. lol.

I will have to look into Mucky Nutz.

I like it but I haven't tried a normal spring on this bike either so. I am running the CC Valt with 510-600lbs. I have a 550lbs on my Nomad so I went with the 510-600 on the Decoy.

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
Back to the OP....The 2 years are the exact same frame wise. the only difference is components. If you like to customize your components to suit your likes and pref then a 2019 is perfectly fine (and is still fine stock) plus you'll get a price break for a 2019. the 2020 base has a better component line up then the 2019 base but the pro race is nearly the same for the most part. Just go with what your pocket book can afford and what size is available for you.

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
You talkin' to me?
Yes, if you had the a file that shows the measurements of the graphics (outline) the I can get it printed locally and have a graphics person come up with graphic with logo already printed on it. Again, hope someone has the outline of the graphic. This would also be nice to have to make frame protection. It would be fun to change it out and protect it. Totally understand if you want to keep it to yourself. All the same, it's looks so sweet! Nice.

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
Yes, if you had the a file that shows the measurements of the graphics (outline) the I can get it printed locally and have a graphics person come up with graphic with logo already printed on it. Again, hope someone has the outline of the graphic. This would also be nice to have to make frame protection. It would be fun to change it out and protect it. Totally understand if you want to keep it to yourself. All the same, it's looks so sweet! Nice.

I have the file I used for mine. It's an XL. It would have to be adjusted for other sizes as I did the file from scratch according to my bike. the upper chainstay arms are the difficult part. I wrap cars for a living so it was easy for me.

MTB_MIKE

Dec 20, 2019
Southern California, USA
Love that build. I agree. I did the 180mm on my Lyrik but also went a step further and did a Vorsprung Smashpot coil kit in it instead. also went with a coil rear shock with a progressive spring. It's a real game changer. I literally am in love with my bike's setup. Also went with a ENVE m7 handle bar with a lower rise.

BTW. what rear mudguard are you running?

View attachment 26935

It’s a Mucky Nutz mudguard, Short

How are you getting along with the progressive rear spring? What spring rate is it and what is your weight?

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
It’s a Mucky Nutz mudguard, Short

How are you getting along with the progressive rear spring? What spring rate is it and what is your weight?

I am loving my progressive spring. I went with a 510lb - 600lb rate and I weigh around 170lbs maybe 175lbs with gear.

MTB_MIKE

Dec 20, 2019
Southern California, USA
I am loving my progressive spring. I went with a 510lb - 600lb rate and I weigh around 170lbs maybe 175lbs with gear.

Damn, what is your sag? I am 160lbs with gear and running a 400lb spring and measured 31% sag. Drops are kinda harsh on my bike. I thought it was because of the extra weight of the bike but could it be i’m on the wrong spring weight??

Edit: i saw in a separate post you are at 30% sag. I happen to have a 450lb spring handy and will try swapping it out to see if it helps with. Its not harshness, its just that i feel a lot of the weight of the bike on drops and my legs take more of a hit.

Last edited:

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
Damn, what is your sag? I am 160lbs with gear and running a 400lb spring and measured 31% sag. Drops are kinda harsh on my bike. I thought it was because of the extra weight of the bike but could it be i’m on the wrong spring weight??

I am just shy of 30% sag with my 510-600lbs spring.

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
What is your HSC set at? Can you feel it bottom out at all? How Do the drops feel on the ebike vs regular bike? My ebike feels harsher for sure like as if my legs need to work harder to resist the impact.

I'm not sure what my HSC is set at. I didn't set it. lol. my bike feels smooth as butter on drops and jumps. I feel much more comfortable on my decoy as I ever did on my Nomad.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles