Decathlon stilus is coming back

MichalZ

Jun 29, 2020
Bedford
Stilus has been listed on UK Decathlon website for £3499!! Honestly, this is the most expensive in Europe and I don't think it's worth it anymore. You can buy lots of ebikes for this price with comparable equipment. V1 was £2799 and it was a bargain.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Stilus has been listed on UK Decathlon website for £3499!! Honestly, this is the most expensive in Europe and I don't think it's worth it anymore. You can buy lots of ebikes for this price with comparable equipment. V1 was £2799 and it was a bargain.
Looks like there are now 4 sizes and I suspect the XL is actually an XL

B640C3B8-2A2A-440B-9A53-683E9A249534.jpeg

25% price increase though. Now includes bigger battery (worth £200 at a guess).

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Bigger battery, the rest looks the same - can't tell which fork but very, very much doubt it's a Zeb ?

3700 euros today is about £3280. Mine was £2700 in July 2020 pre Brexit. Rough guess, that thing will push £4,000 in the UK with a 20% uplift due to tariffs, vat & shipping.
Ooh £500 out.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
It was like that last year. My advice is sign up for stock alerts & check the website daily. 11pm worked well, almost as if their web admin runs an automated batch file update overnight.

And if you do get one, ditch the fork & change the maxles sharpish.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Has there been any stock delivered to the UK of the v2 yet
Cardiff says nothing on screens till after Christmas due to stock of all other bikes and products being focused on as they actially know/have vision and delivery dates from those suppliers.
Thing is, when they do appear, they they probably sit forever, somewhere on the M25 while being held up by a climate activist sitting in the middle lane ?

Racoon21

Jan 3, 2021
scot
Week 39 so next week at some point
S/M/L/XL

and then 7 weeks later more

take with pinch of salt as dates can change

not bad was only a week delay...so the S and XL are up. expect to see some more over the weekend but the delivery is the whole of europe so only so many models will be online then its the 7 week wait

Kiwimike

May 10, 2021
Scotland!
It was like that last year. My advice is sign up for stock alerts & check the website daily. 11pm worked well, almost as if their web admin runs an automated batch file update overnight.

And if you do get one, ditch the fork & change the maxles sharpish.
What’s wrong with the Maxles? What do you change them to?

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Are these still a good buy? I’ve looked at the Cube stereo but stock is limited
Yes. Perfectly capable full sus trail bike. Some of the componentry is compromised & you will want to change, so the cost doesn't end at £3499.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Yes. Perfectly capable full sus trail bike. Some of the componentry is compromised & you will want to change, so the cost doesn't end at £3499.
Yes, massive fan since buying last year. Been waiting for one for the missus for 6 months and pulled the trigger on another model last week at a lbs, and now there's a few stilus hanging around on the site 🙄.
Trouble is the competition is closer since the price hike. Do a personal wish/ checklist with and without upgrades. Mines pretty stock apart from bars and peddles tyres, so for me at th 2700 price it has been a steal. Today's Cubes and the such may be the reason they haven't disappeared off the site as quick as before.

Kiwimike

May 10, 2021
Scotland!
Hi all, if I manage to bag an XL (won’t believe it till it arrives in a few weeks) then I will have a 2020 Large to sell. It’s done 700 genuine miles (will provide the Bosch service printouts). Has been *upgraded to a Kiox display with Cube offset mount*, dry garaged, Heli-taped all over, SW updated, converted to fit 625w bty, the 500w it will come with has the adapter. I can sell you a spare 500w or 625w at a tasty discount too (I’m a Bosch dealer). Rear shock always booted, no scratches on stanchions. Would be looking at £2700 for it recognising the value of upgrades. Ping me if interested, otherwise it’ll go on eBay.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Hi all, if I manage to bag an XL (won’t believe it till it arrives in a few weeks) then I will have a 2020 Large to sell. It’s done 700 genuine miles (will provide the Bosch service printouts). Has been *upgraded to a Kiox display with Cube offset mount*, dry garaged, Heli-taped all over, SW updated, converted to fit 625w bty, the 500w it will come with has the adapter. I can sell you a spare 500w or 625w at a tasty discount too (I’m a Bosch dealer). Rear shock always booted, no scratches on stanchions. Would be looking at £2700 for it recognising the value of upgrades. Ping me if interested, otherwise it’ll go on eBay.
Interested in a 625 batt soon, message me with what you can do.
Always wondered why there isn't an exchange/swap over system run by Bosch, seems sensible way to recycle and allow an upgrade without the massive cost.
BTW, mines an XL and is spot on, even though I shoudve been an L. Let me know.

NCB

Aug 31, 2020
Uk
Had a look tonight Sunday 10th 3 of size XL in stock and nothing else
Tempted as the Bosch motor and 625 battery are decent but would
Need to upgrade the fork so maybe not a such a bargain. Anyone know when more size options are due in?

Kiwimike

May 10, 2021
Scotland!
V2 XL arrived this morning. Changes noted from V1:

Dropper is now a Tranz-X 170mm, so longer than the 120mm KS - but has the shitty above-the-bar lever, not the nice under-the bar paddle. That'll have to go. The Tranz-X doesn't suffer from the pull-up issue when you have it dropped, forget and try to lift the bike by the saddle.

That extra 50mm drop is huge - will make a big difference in the tech stuff

Saddle now comes with an ergonomic cut-out. Won't be trying it as have a Madison Flux ready to go.

The Smart Sams are the tube-only type, not tubeless. You've been warned :)

Comes with an FSA chainguide. Not that I've ever dropped a chain, but that's nice

The clutch on the Swiss-Cheese Eagle SX mech is non-existent. Maybe they had loads of complaints of dropped chains, and to aviod using an NX mech they added the chainguide.

Oh, and it came with the brake levers swapped - moto-style! beware UK buyers.

Anyway, for the money and the 625W battery, happy with it. Already sold my V1 Large to a mate. Kiox, 155 Miranda cranks, Mudhuggers and 2.8" Minion DHR II's on the way. Planning to add at some stage a Lyrik 29'er with PUSH spring. Le Grande Mullet!

Last edited:

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
V2 XL arrived this morning. Changes noted from V1:

Dropper is now a Tranz-X 170mm, so longer than the 120mm KS - but has the shitty above-the-bar lever, not the nice under-the bar paddle. That'll have to go. The Tranz-X doesn't suffer from the pull-up issue when you have it dropped, forget and try to lift the bike by the saddle.

That extra 50mm drop is huge - will make a big difference in the tech stuff

Saddle now comes with an ergonomic cut-out. Won't be trying it as have a Madison Flux ready to go.

The Smart Sams are the tube-only type, not tubeless. You've been warned :)

Comes with an FSA chainguide. Not that I've ever dropped a chain, but that's nice

The clutch on the Swiss-Cheese Eagle SX mech is non-existent. Maybe they had loads of complaints of dropped chains, and to aviod using an NX mech they added the chainguide.

Oh, and it came with the brake levers swapped - moto-style! beware UK buyers.

Anyway, for the money and the 625W battery, happy with it. Already sold my V1 Large to a mate. Kiox, 155 Miranda cranks, Mudhuggers and 2.8" Minion DHR II's on the way. Planning to add at some stage a Lyrik 29'er with PUSH spring. Le Grande Mullet!
Ordered one for the missus - I've got a few spares lying around to make some upgrades. It failed to arrive on Friday as estimated but status has now changed to in Preparation - whatever that means so hopefully here soon.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles