Decathlon stilus is coming back

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
2021 "
Enfin, le VTTAE Stilus évolue légèrement avec l’arrivée d’une batterie 625 Wh (contre 500 Wh l’année dernière) et une nouvelle échelle des tailles. Cette dernière commence désormais en S au lieu du M et monte toujours jusqu’au XL. Elle a aussi été revue pour avoir des vélos un peu plus grands, car la précédente génération du Stilus était un peu courte aux dires de nombreux utilisateurs."

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
2021 "
Enfin, le VTTAE Stilus évolue légèrement avec l’arrivée d’une batterie 625 Wh (contre 500 Wh l’année dernière) et une nouvelle échelle des tailles. Cette dernière commence désormais en S au lieu du M et monte toujours jusqu’au XL. Elle a aussi été revue pour avoir des vélos un peu plus grands, car la précédente génération du Stilus était un peu courte aux dires de nombreux utilisateurs."
Looks like an additional size has been introduced and last years XL is now a large.

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
There's 3 new cargo only brittany ferries going to Ireland .. so there first maybe ??

Then Wales by rowing boat.

Scotland by boat and donkey ? As normal really..

England ?? not sure ..
this is England 2021
1613582997657.png

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana
Stilus is now worse then it was..Crap suspension, Rockshox 35 is terrible and the same goes for deluxe select. Still same bad geometry with no reach.

Rickster1978

Jan 4, 2021
Hereford
So let’s play guess the price. My money is on it dropping at £3499. If that is the case I think I would be more drawn to the cube stereo 140 team.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Keep in mind that the Stilus (Mk1) was A LOT cheaper in the UK than mainland europe. About £2700 in the UK compared to about £3200 in Europe, so it wasn't anywhere near as attractive, or sell as well, over here as it was priced much more closely to other options (despite everyone claiming that D4 was keeping them all for the French clients rather than shipping them over to the UK).

But we can still hope they manage to pull off some magical financial trickery and give you all virtually free bikes again ;) :D

Supply issues on parts and shipping issues (leading to delays and vastly inflated costs/prices) will unfortunately affect the Lombardo/Stilus just the same as everyone else. So there's a good chance the price will increase, but it still may end up cheaper in comparison ?

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
A quick look suggests you'll cough up 3200-3900 Euro for a Lomabrdo Sempione right now. If you can find one, obvs.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
I do believe we are in crystal ball territory. The external influences that will determine what is made, where it’s shipped and what is charged for it, are vast.

One major factor is what does Decathlon wishes to achieve. They have always gone for value for money as their USP so unless they wish to deviate from that I’m sure it will be as competitive as possible. I say this because they also market their sister company who go down the “more expensive’ route.

As a guess they will bring something out that is very close to the Cube 140 for example knowing that demand is high. If it’s not a good seller it will be reduced to a price point where it becomes so. I guess they have deep pockets and a business plan that will allow it. Okay I need to go and recharge my crystal ball .

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Keep in mind that the Stilus (Mk1) was A LOT cheaper in the UK than mainland europe. About £2700 in the UK compared to about £3200 in Europe, so it wasn't anywhere near as attractive, or sell as well, over here as it was priced much more closely to other options (despite everyone claiming that D4 was keeping them all for the French clients rather than shipping them over to the UK).

But we can still hope they manage to pull off some magical financial trickery and give you all virtually free bikes again ;) :D

Supply issues on parts and shipping issues (leading to delays and vastly inflated costs/prices) will unfortunately affect the Lombardo/Stilus just the same as everyone else. So there's a good chance the price will increase, but it still may end up cheaper in comparison ?
I'm with you on this one, despite all the Brexit stuff. It will go up but, like you said, they have to pull off some inspired pricing/sourcing to keep it realistic (even in the drought).

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
As I can see about 2021 bikes ( in house developed models) Decathlon kept prices (Euro) the same, or close, but Stylus is essentially a 3th party bike, so prices can be more afected than in other models. Any news about Rockrider e-bike? Next year?

ZoZa

Feb 22, 2021
Hungary
Hi guys, greetings from Hungary.
I have read all the 75 site on this forum about the "V1" Stilus.

In march there will be available some 2021 V2 Stilus, with the improved battery, and I'm looking to order it. ETA came from Decatlon Hungary. I think, in the same time there will be some stock for all the countries too.

Last edited:

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
It’s to do with the company owning the bike. It’s all on the website for the scheme :(

Double check what you can and cant do. My firm is strict on the £3k limit, and they push you to buy bikes from their 'registered seller' (even giving a 15% discount) but as they didnt have the bike I wanted for £3k (no decent full sus for that) I looked into it further. I was able to spend my '£3k' at another bike shop if I wished, but lost the 15% discount which was a bummer. Anyway, on speaking to my LBS about topping up they said 'no problem, we do it all the time, you're not the first to ask' and were happy to 'sell' me a Hardseven for £2995 but let me walk out with an AllMtn 3.0 ;)
Yes its all a bit moody but hey...

Ale78c

Feb 27, 2021
Vergiate
I took the Stilus V2 to an elevation gain of 1200m and it performed very well, the shorter cranks did their job, the battery reached the top with three more notches. I used the walk mode a lot to overcome a really impossible path (almost two km) ... and luckily there is, because 25kg of bikes to load on the shoulder is tough. Also tested on snow, let's say that the tires are better to change them, for the rest it thrilled me and took me where I could never get with the e-st900

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
So do the orange stickers bug anyone else? Thinking of making the same but in white or black, and considering vinyl wrapping the motor protection cover in carbon wrap ?

Kizza92

Apr 12, 2021
Perth
Anyone have a clue if/when it’ll get to Australia
Hoping it’ll be priced well enough to get the fiancé on one.
Aus site says no stock and no images or info

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Anyone have a clue if/when it’ll get to Australia
Hoping it’ll be priced well enough to get the fiancé on one.
Aus site says no stock and no images or info
Same here in UK. One source told me back in March it would be with us second half of April but that didn't happen. Seems to have dried up in both Italy and France too.
I have noticed that there has been a few more YouTube vids of the V2 popping up from lucky owners recently but they are all Euro based going by the languages.
Any news would be good.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles