Decathlon stilus is coming back

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Any ideas if us brits are gonna see any. Nothing on UK site as of 2 mons ago.
BTW, nx in place of sx sram.
Edit-also size S available on Italian site even though the M would be OK for most shirt folk going by the original smaller sizes.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
There's 3 new cargo only brittany ferries going to Ireland .. so there first maybe ??

Then Wales by rowing boat.

Scotland by boat and donkey ? As normal really..

England ?? not sure ..
I'm in Wales and should probably buy a load and become Elon musk rich by selling across the border ?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Just checked out Lombardo Bikes page. This is the same frame as the Stylus. But they seem to have a slightly updated frame for some of their 2021 range (linkage and chain stay look different?) and their geometry lists the chain stay as 470mm.

Im hoping there's a chance Decathlon haven't updated their pics and it uses this same frame...

@R120 I know you're good with this stuff!

SEMPIONE-SPORT-min.png
Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 21.36.57.png

Stilus linkage
Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 21.38.50.png

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
@Rob Rides EMTB I think the picture is of the Lombardo Sport as per the chart I posted on page 1. It’s the cheapest and lowest spec in their line up.
Yeah, seems the two lowest spec bikes have this *new / different linkage / rear design. They are also both out of stock.

The top two in the range have the 485mm chain stay. They are both not showing as out of stock. I wonder if these are rollover from 2020 unsold stock?

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
There's 3 new cargo only brittany ferries going to Ireland .. so there first maybe ??

Then Wales by rowing boat.

Scotland by boat and donkey ? As normal really..

England ?? not sure ..

Believe Boris said something about a bridge..

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Bigger battery, the rest looks the same - can't tell which fork but very, very much doubt it's a Zeb ?

3700 euros today is about £3280. Mine was £2700 in July 2020 pre Brexit. Rough guess, that thing will push £4,000 in the UK with a 20% uplift due to tariffs, vat & shipping.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
It look like from the pictures on the Italian site that its the same apart from bigger battery, doesn't look like the frame has changed, but then again they might just be using same pics for last year

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
i'm using the judy with the e-st900 on the same trails where i rode with my previous ht with sid and i can't feel any differences

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
french site: Fourche ROCKSHOX 35 160mm et amortisseur ROCKSHOX Deluxe Select 150 mm

pmcc

Feb 14, 2021
Northern Ireland
Just noticed a few changes on French and Italian websites. They have taken away the geometry picture, and have changed the sizing info in description, where I was a large before now they recommend medium.

Also says it comes with sram sx now on the French site but still nx on Italian. :unsure:

Screenshot_20210214_094828_com.android.chrome.jpg

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
More likely they're allocating whatever stock they have to territories by some unknowable internal Decathlon logic & nothing has reached the UK yet. it will be reassuringly expensive when it gets here, you can be certain of that.

Rickster1978

Jan 4, 2021
Hereford
Currently looking at the Cube Stereo Team 140 at £3799. I would have definitely gone for this at sub £3k but if it ends up being the same sort of money as the Cube I think I opt for the LBS support over a Decathlon purchase.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Currently looking at the Cube Stereo Team 140 at £3799. I would have definitely gone for this at sub £3k but if it ends up being the same sort of money as the Cube I think I opt for the LBS support over a Decathlon purchase.
Surely Decathlon will have worked out exactly that and will price it sensibly (Brexit aside) as they originally said they were wary of having such a high price on the original and linked to their bike site. I know it went crazy for it but cannot see them pitting the selves with the Cube 140.
I hope not anyway.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Spec wise, there's not much to choose between the 140 & the Stilus, it gets a 625 battery which is decent I suppose. The Cube is a grand more than the Stilus was. My guess is the Stilus 2.0 won't be far behind the 140 price wise going on what the Euro Decathlons are charging + the wtf did we do that for? taxes we've slapped on ourselves,

Rickster1978

Jan 4, 2021
Hereford
Agree Rusty. I think the price will be closer to the 140 than it will be to last years Stilus. The euro prices seem to have it at about £3700 if I recall correctly. Just can’t see it being the bargain it was last year.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Fact is with all the disruption & booming demand, Decathlon could price them north of 4K & they'll still fly off the shelves. It's a desert out there right now.

I had a look at Chain Reaction today & they had all of 19 full sus bikes in stock, most of them were XXl or small & boutiquey stuff like Nukeproofs & NS.

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Let's think of it like this people, if Decathlon were able to release an emtb which raised an eye brow in terms of price back In 2020, surely another brand can use this opportunity to come back in a big way.
My money's on Raleigh but who knows what the future holds.

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
I think it comes down to which companies have the buying power to command stock or had their orders in earliest. The rest are just fighting for scraps. I think you'll see a bike at a slightly increase price, low volume of stock and spun together from parts they could sauce mostly to keep their hat in the ring so to speak.

Hebegebe

Aug 25, 2020
East Manchester
Surely Decathlon will have worked out exactly that and will price it sensibly (Brexit aside) as they originally said they were wary of having such a high price on the original and linked to their bike site. I know it went crazy for it but cannot see them pitting the selves with the Cube 140.
I hope not anyway.

I’m not so sure, the EST 900 has jumped to 2k from around 1,6k last summer, which is a pretty significant uplift.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles