Decathlon stilus is coming back

Racoon21

Jan 3, 2021
scot
Where are you getting the information? What time scales are we talking about?
Time scales unkown also 3 other models of ebikes from 3k to 5k
I know its teasing but thats all i know so far. i work in that area...hint hint

Rickster1978

Jan 4, 2021
Hereford
Was hoping it would be sub £3k so I could use the work cycle to work scheme. Unfortunately that’s the limit and we can’t top it up either.

Rickster1978

Jan 4, 2021
Hereford
Unfortunately not for me :( the company policy has imposed the £3k max. Checked with Cycletowork and they confirmed it. Although there isn’t a limit with them anymore some companies still put a limit on it. I would have definitely been looking at the £4K-£5k range otherwise as there’s some great deals in that range.

I was happy to top it up as well but that’s a no go as well.

Chaser

Dec 22, 2020
The North (UK)
Is it going to be a 500wh battery? Been tempted with a Vitus e Sommet but put off by the horror stories of Wiggle and CRC customer service. Stilus might be worth waiting for.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Is it going to be a 500wh battery? Been tempted with a Vitus e Sommet but put off by the horror stories of Wiggle and CRC customer service. Stilus might be worth waiting for.
If it's like the original, it certainly is ??

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
I posted this chart sometime ago. Could they be something like this perhaps? It’s just guess work.

9DB808B8-B438-4BA9-A20F-B268BF16384A.jpeg

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
Unfortunately not for me :( the company policy has imposed the £3k max. Checked with Cycletowork and they confirmed it. Although there isn’t a limit with them anymore some companies still put a limit on it. I would have definitely been looking at the £4K-£5k range otherwise as there’s some great deals in that range.

I'd go to a smaller dealer. They get less of than the value of the voucher as the scheme providers take a cut, but I'm sure you could get some kind of deal with a small LBS.

Rickster1978

Jan 4, 2021
Hereford
In a quick video from Decathlon they said that 2 new stilus are coming in 2021

No more info about battery or components differences between the 2 models

And a rockrider FS ebike as well. So three new full suspension ebikes at Decathlon then? (Presuming both Stilus models are FS)

memtb

Jan 2, 2021
england
Great news. At a guess 2 stilus models probably means one with non big name components. Last model seemed very odd for decathalon sporting rockshocks and sram.
You would like to think 625 batt is the new standard if you are paying over 3k at decathalon.
Maybe in the short term Emtb prices have gone mad but it gets cheaper to make batteries every year and once they ramp up motor production there is only one way prices will go.
At the moment its early adopter syndrome.

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
My guess is an e7000/small battery similar price as before and a ep8 all with entry level rockshox. Seems everyone's done something similar using the e7000 shimano must have them on clearance..

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent

How can the company impose a top up restriction? Surely if you want to add more yourself there shouldn't be a problem? I understand some companies imposing a limit as they have to pay for the bike upfront so can dent cashflow. But seems strange to impose the top up ban.

Have you spoken with your LBS to see if there is a way round it?

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
It’s to do with the company owning the bike. It’s all on the website for the scheme :(

I've bought three bikes on the scheme over the years. My e-bike wasn't an issue as we don't impose a limit on value. Previously though it used to be capped. Both times i'd topped up myself which was never a problem.

Maybe they have changed the rules. Shame :cry:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Interesting, did the 2020 have a 160mm fork or a 150?

UK Website must be being updated as its saying all the bike pages don't exist

Northman57

Jul 30, 2020
Italy
2020 had the same 160mm fork, though virtually all the European Deca websites gave 150mm in the description. They just corrected the error

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Whoa!!!
The price radically increased. At this rate, the Halfords emtb could undercut that bike with their occasional discounts. Components look better on the Stilus but still, a real kick in the teeth for anyone looking to buy a sub £3000 full sus trail bike.
I did hear that Cube are coming out with a short travel trail bike sub £3000 but I could be wrong

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Whoa!!!
The price radically increased. At this rate, the Halfords emtb could undercut that bike with their occasional discounts. Components look better on the Stilus but still, a real kick in the teeth for anyone looking to buy a sub £3000 full sus trail bike.
I did hear that Cube are coming out with a short travel trail bike sub £3000 but I could be wrong
Nope, it's just they knew all you English buyers were tight so you got it far cheaper than continental buyers !!! :eek: :ROFLMAO: :p

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles