Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Next question. I have a Trek Powerfly 4 less than 2 years old. What's it worth and where would be the best place to advertise it? I'm not fully decided yet I must say.

Al

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Next question. I have a Trek Powerfly 4 less than 2 years old. What's it worth and where would be the best place to advertise it? I'm not fully decided yet I must say.

Al
A couple of days ago there would have been people here ready to bite your hand off all the way up to the shoulder! Have a look on the front page of the forum there's a section for items for sale.

RonnieX

Jul 3, 2020
Northwest
Don’t worry this happened to me. Then just after being shipped it appeared on my credit card.

Same here. Ordered and was ‘pending’ on my account. Then pending gone, money back in account and no trace of any transaction with Decathlon. Ive contacted them today and they confirm order still ‘live’ and payment was made to them on 13/7 even though not shown on my account! All very odd!

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Same here. Ordered and was ‘pending’ on my account. Then pending gone, money back in account and no trace of any transaction with Decathlon. Ive contacted them today and they confirm order still ‘live’ and payment was made to them on 13/7 even though not shown on my account! All very odd!
Decathlon? Odd? Never!

charlieback

Jul 10, 2020
UK
This is a brilliant forum. Nice find. By the time we finish, Decathlon will be asking us for help with the Stilus ??.
Do did the piston advancement today. Huge reduction in amount of pull required. It's awesome. Problem now of course is that the back tyre locks and skids very easily, either due to the lack of tread grip or that my weight is toofar forwards. Nice problem to have I suppose

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Do did the piston advancement today. Huge reduction in amount of pull required. It's awesome. Problem now of course is that the back tyre locks and skids very easily, either due to the lack of tread grip or that my weight is toofar forwards. Nice problem to have I suppose
Glad it wasn't just beginners luck ?. I usually set the levers closer to the bars as this gives a little more delicate feel in the lever for me and overcomes any unwanted locking up (though I like to know I have locking up capability as this give me a level of confidence when finesse fails ?).
Remember, skids are for kids (and anyone from 10 upwards..........

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Just received the compensation payment from Decathlon (within 2 days) for the scratch on the frame on delivery. Sometimes they are amazing, sometimes it's a train wreck. Fair dos though, didn't expect that quick resolution. ?.
Hope everyone else has the same service.

Johnny rider

Jun 28, 2020
Coventry uk
Just received the compensation payment from Decathlon (within 2 days) for the scratch on the frame on delivery. Sometimes they are amazing, sometimes it's a train wreck. Fair dos though, didn't expect that quick resolution. ?.
Hope everyone else has the same service.
Great news

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
29er front Mullet. Absolutely transforms the bike SO MUCH! Decent fork, big tyre, SLACK 63.7 degrees! All spacers removed under stem. This bike is such a great base bike ripe for upgrades!

image.jpg

Last edited:

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
29er front Mullet. Absolutely transforms the bike SO MUCH! Decent fork, big tyre, SLACK! All spacers removed under stem. This bike is such a great base bike ripe for upgrades!

You think you are helping but you are not. Just kidding. I'm no nearer to making a decision but I'm definitely warming to the Stilus over the Levo. I'm not good enough, and too old to ever be, to warrant spending thousands on top end components but I know that I need better brakes and more travel so this is currently the favourite.

Al

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Well that was a interesting day... Not... Decided to to the tyres and go tubeless... Whip the wheels off.. Good.... Remove the tyres.....ffs...have they used superglue... Fitted new valves.. Couldnt be easier.... Put in some sealant.. Bit messy.... Put some air in to seat the tyres on the rims..... Straight on first time..... Check for leaks..... WTF.... Pi##ing out everywhere... Air coming out 4 spokes.. And 5 pinprick holes in side of tyre near tread line.......... Tyres tubes put back in all back together and feeling like I've waisted an afternoon...... Now to order some tubeless tape.... Puncture repair patches for tyre and start again in a few days time. 
What size tape will I need guys and any recommendations

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
29er front Mullet. Absolutely transforms the bike SO MUCH! Decent fork, big tyre, SLACK 63.7 degrees! All spacers removed under stem. This bike is such a great base bike ripe for upgrades!

View attachment 35970
What's transformed the bike the most? The 29" wheel, the Pike's or dropping the stem height?

Did you do them one at a time to arrive here, or was it change the lot based on previous preference?

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow

View attachment 35970

I'd be curious to know how this setup has affected the climbs. I supposed it made them worse, but how much?
Could it be so little that it is actually easy to ignore?

Never had an ebike before so I'm wondering if geometry for climbs is less of a concern when you have a motor...

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I'd be curious to know how this setup has affected the climbs. I supposed it made them worse, but how much?
Could it be so little that it is actually easy to ignore?

Never had an ebike before so I'm wondering if geometry for climbs is less of a concern when you have a motor...
The chain stay is so long I doubt it’ll make any difference!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Given the geometry of the Stylus it might well be one of the best climbing bikes out there - those super long chain stays meant its going to grip and keep the rider weight forward. Its one of the reasons that whilst the geometry might not be at the cutting edge, its definitely firmly in the safe and stable category. I doubt mulleting it will effect this too much since the chain stays are so long.

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
Ah yes, very true that! And going full 29er (i.e. rear as well) would make you lose that slack angle so I guess mullet bike is the way to go here indeed, especially since full 29er wouldn't even give you that much more stability either, seems pretty damn stable already!

Might well be how I'll upgrade it with time as well then... :unsure: ?

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
just bagged a large for the missis , not showing in my orders though and money is pending from bank and i ve had an email from them stating order screening process . will be chuffed if it comes as it saves me another £3k on a levo she wanted . but shes got lyriks and her own wheels to put on it and GX rear mech . but she will pay me back in drabs as she likes to pay her own way for it .

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Now processing and estimated delivery date of the 29th July ... wow it takeS 2 weeks to deliver .. and panther are a disgrace of a courier as they have delivered 2 smashed expensive OLED screens ,1 last year In October and in Xmas 2018 . If it does get shipped then I’m opening the box in front of them and filming it on my GoPro as mine will come from the north east depot .

let’s hope decathlon pack it properly as I will be ringing them up before shipping lol ..

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Now processing and estimated delivery date of the 29th July ... wow it takeS 2 weeks to deliver .. and panther are a disgrace of a courier as they have delivered 2 smashed expensive OLED screens ,1 last year In October and in Xmas 2018 . If it does get shipped then I’m opening the box in front of them and filming it on my GoPro as mine will come from the north east depot .

let’s hope decathlon pack it properly as I will be ringing them up before shipping lol ..
Yup, Panther delivered mine messed up and rattling about. Take photos at least. At least the damage was minor and with 200 quid refund, the bike was even more of a good deal I suppose. 1 scratch = 1 upgrade ??.

slimsimmons1984

Jun 18, 2020
Bridgend
if mine turns up with any damage ill be refusing to take delivery, I get its a bike and going to pickup scratches etc...but when you pay 2.7k for something I expect it to be mint

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
if mine turns up with any damage ill be refusing to take delivery, I get its a bike and going to pickup scratches etc...but when you pay 2.7k for something I expect it to be mint
Yeah, I know what you mean. I weighed up the factors (many for me at present), and it wasn't worth the hassle and stress.
The bike is a main part of a recovery/rehab plan for me so I had to make the call on taking it. Any other day/time, I would do the same as you said tbh.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
How will that work then? I think you may be deluding yourself if you think the delivery driver will wait around while you unpack and inspect everything. That's not going to happen.

Al

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
How will that work then? I think you may be deluding yourself if you think the delivery driver will wait around while you unpack and inspect everything. That's not going to happen.

Al
I thought about this and agree WITH you, it was unlikely to happen-especially as I would not trust the bike going back to who knows where, with no return paperwork, with two people who don't particularly care. If shop bought, I would deffo refuse the item.
I decided to take photos as the carried it down the drive (damaged box) and then unpacked immediately while photographing. The images will have a full time and date stamp on the phone anyway if anyone gets shirty. Screenshot are a great thing.
I have found Decathlon great tbh in all of this (website ordering excluded). All phone and email contact has been brilliant and courteous in my experience (no, I don't work for them ?).
Just be prepared and have a plan once you have looked at the contingency plans and avenues that you are comfortable with regarding acceptance of product.

slimsimmons1984

Jun 18, 2020
Bridgend
I thought about this and agree WITH you, it was unlikely to happen-especially as I would not trust the bike going back to who knows where, with no return paperwork, with two people who don't particularly care. If shop bought, I would deffo refuse the item.
I decided to take photos as the carried it down the drive (damaged box) and then unpacked immediately while photographing. The images will have a full time and date stamp on the phone anyway if anyone gets shirty. Screenshot are a great thing.
I have found Decathlon great tbh in all of this (website ordering excluded). All phone and email contact has been brilliant and courteous in my experience (no, I don't work for them ?).
Just be prepared and have a plan once you have looked at the contingency plans and avenues that you are comfortable with regarding acceptance of product.

how have you managed to get hold of them by phone?
ill be doing exactly as you did with recording taking delivery,

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles