Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

johnm

Jan 9, 2020
uk
Hi
I am to new emtb but have been mountain biking for years.

Due to health probs i havent been able to get out as much as i like. However i recently hired a ebike for a few hours and loved it.
It was a cube stereo 140. i looked up the price £3500 2019, out of my price range.

I looked through all the sales over the festive period but no real full suspension bikes under £3k.

Then i spotted this

15 - Cycling - Stilus Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

150 m travel full suspension 2020 performance cx bosch motor @ £2699

It is at the max i can afford.

What do you guys think ?
Cant find any reviews as its just released.

Seems to be good value to me.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

John

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
To be honest John (see what I did there) for that sort of money you seem to be getting a lot of bike, new Bosch motor, I presume 500wh battery, good forks, good rear shock, sounds like a bit of a bargain to me........most specialized owners would be envious of that spec ?
Not a bad looking bike either ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Some Geometry Information :
1578592559687.png

It's interesting that they say "This electrical assistance MTB has been selected by the Rockrider team for all-mountain riding."

Where as everything else they say that they've developed it. It also isn't presented as a "rockrider". Presumably it's made by someone else, so if anyones got a sharp eye, they might know what it is ??

It has SRAM Guide brakes (200mm) .

Last edited:

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
To be honest John (see what I did there) for that sort of money you seem to be getting a lot of bike, new Bosch motor, I presume 500wh battery, good forks, good rear shock, sounds like a bit of a bargain to me........most specialized owners would be envious of that spec ?
Not a bad looking bike either ?
Well done Mark, you got your usual sly dig in there nicely??.If it’s the new Bosch motor, it might be the 625 battery as well. But how come they can have the new Bosch available for sale on a bike when the new Focus 2020 is still not around yet?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It makes you wonder if they snapped up another smaller company which had developed it ..

Focus probably spends a lot more time testing and developing.

Can't find any info on the battery anywhere.

Us Spesh owners should probably all buy one as a spare for when ours don't work. For us it only costs the same as a spare battery :) and we get a whole bike ..

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
It makes you wonder if they snapped up another smaller company which had developed it ..

Us Spesh owners should probably all buy one as a spare for when ours don't work. For us it only costs the same as a spare battery :) and we get a whole bike ..

considering one for Sam !!!

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton

My Dentist is getting one for his receptionist ?

johnm

Jan 9, 2020
uk
Thanks for the feedback folks.

very tempted to take a chance .

zimmerframe where did you dig up the geometry information and photos please i was looking for it everywhere.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Thanks for the feedback folks.

very tempted to take a chance .

zimmerframe where did you dig up the geometry information and photos please i was looking for it everywhere.

Hey John,

It doesn't look bad at all for that money. Decathlon also have a scheme that if you don't like something you have 12 months to return it, so if you do run into problems, you can just take it back.

I found the extra info on decathlon.fr

There's not much more info yet, it was a bit like that when they released the e-st500. It took them months to add all the information.

johnm

Jan 9, 2020
uk
Hey John,

It doesn't look bad at all for that money. Decathlon also have a scheme that if you don't like something you have 12 months to return it, so if you do run into problems, you can just take it back.

I found the extra info on decathlon.fr

There's not much more info yet, it was a bit like that when they released the e-st500. It took them months to add all the information.

Thanks Zimmerframe
i have never dealt Decathlon before, would never have thought of looking there for a normal bike never mind an e bike.
12 months return sounds good.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Some Geometry Information :
View attachment 24276
It's interesting that they say "This electrical assistance MTB has been selected by the Rockrider team for all-mountain riding."

Where as everything else they say that they've developed it. It also isn't presented as a "rockrider". Presumably it's made by someone else, so if anyones got a sharp eye, they might know what it is ??

It has SRAM Guide brakes (200mm) .
Whats the reach? on an L? Cant work it out

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Whats the reach? on an L? Cant work it out
20mm more than the medium and 20mm less than the xl ... :)

I'm getting 452 - but it does involve some creative mathematics .. and involves a bit of randomness .. so is accurate within 200mm's .....

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Battery is 500wh.

160mm front on the Rockshox 35.
150mm rear on the Deluxe.
CX 2020 Motor
Sram Guide RE brakes with 200/200 discs.

Decathlon worked with an Italian firm on the bike - haven't worked out who yet.

Looks like in France it will only be available for web order, but the e-st500 was like that at the start and you could pick it up in store.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Well I just put one though to checkout and it said I could pick up in my local store on Saturday the 18th

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
This bike poses a serious problem for me as I have a chronic decathlon addiction, I probably buy one thing a week in there. Before they where common in the UK, one of my highlights of going to France was picking up a load of bargains there, I reckon I ,must have about 20 pairs of their sunglasses!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think this is correct .. but don't hold me to it ..

118 link NX Eagle chain with quicklink.
31.8mm 760mm btt bars
Sunringle 15*110 Duroc 40 Tubeless ready
Sunringle 12*148 Duroc 40 Tubeless ready
35mm Stem
BTwin Sport 900 Saddle

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Battery is 500wh.

160mm front on the Rockshox 35.
150mm rear on the Deluxe.
CX 2020 Motor
Sram Guide RE brakes with 200/200 discs.

Decathlon worked with an Italian firm on the bike - haven't worked out who yet.

Looks like in France it will only be available for web order, but the e-st500 was like that at the start and you could pick it up in store.

It looks to me to be very similar to a Corratec

E-Power RS 160 Factory | Corratec

Screenshot 2020-01-09 at 22.21.54.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles