Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
I see the upgrade price in euros but now with the larger battery .
Yeah, just looked at Hungarian currency conversion (home of Zoza I think) and even with the current price shown on the site it is less than 200 gbp more when converted for UK, although 3300 gbp when doing the same for the Italian site price. Same happened last year.

Landy Andy

Feb 8, 2021
Herts
Hi guys,

Today the price was increased by 20% in my country. Now i need to cancel my pre-order in the local decathlon shop. I will looking for another brands, in this price level it is another game.
I would have thought that as you “pre-ordered” you get it at the price it was when you ordered it, not the new higher price.

ZoZa

Feb 22, 2021
Hungary
Until now we have had the V2 in the list with almost the same price like the V1. Now this price was increased.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Until now we have had the V2 in the list with almost the same price like the V1. Now this price was increased.
Ah, that's a shock for you then. I paid 2700 gbp for V1 and am expecting to pay 3200 for the V2 (whi h is around 20% more).
Hope it goes OK for you and whatever choice you make ?.

ZoZa

Feb 22, 2021
Hungary
It looks like the price was not correct. They updated the bike specs, but not the price. The price drop looks like the same what happened in the UK. I have no contract at the moment, i just asked the local shop to book one from the warehouse, when it will be availalble.

MichalZ

Jun 29, 2020
Bedford
Hi Everyone. Have you had any problems with fitting longer dropper posts? I was trying to fit 175mm dropper (race face turbine r dropper), but it doesn't pass the funky bend in the seat tube, it simply gets stuck. Looking inside, is seems like there is bit more aluminium on the bend, hence stopping the dropper post to go any further. Is there an easy way to make this thing to fit? A hammer?

2021-02-26 09_32_52-Window.png

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Hi Everyone. Have you had any problems with fitting longer dropper posts? I was trying to fit 175mm dropper (race face turbine r dropper), but it doesn't pass the funky bend in the seat tube, it simply gets stuck. Looking inside, is seems like there is bit more aluminium on the bend, hence stopping the dropper post to go any further. Is there an easy way to make this thing to fit? A hammer?

View attachment 54140
doesn´t sound a good idea :eek:

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales

View attachment 54140
I guess the frame is too small and hence your problem with seat tube length in lauding bend. I have an XL and with the standard dropper insert all the way down, I can touch the floor while sat, then with the post extended the way up, I have a good riding height-I am 5 10" and 32" leg. Was going to go for L but thought this would happen looking at the bend.
Just about to buy one (bike) for the missus and this could be an issue.
Hope you find a solution but it's gonna be a good ol: search. Oh, and maybe leave the hammer in the box?.

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
You'll love it ZoZa, I've done over 100 miles this weekend :)

If you do a lot of off-road riding, you may want to upgrade the tyres, although if you are mainly in roads, or hard packed trails, I found the standard Smart Sams ok, just in loose or muddy terrain they were not good at all.

There are lot's of owners on here, so if you have any questions there is help available!

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
You'll love it ZoZa, I've done over 100 miles this weekend :)

If you do a lot of off-road riding, you may want to upgrade the tyres, although if you are mainly in roads, or hard packed trails, I found the standard Smart Sams ok, just in loose or muddy terrain they were not good at all.

There are lot's of owners on here, so if you have any questions there is help available!
Nice to see numbers growing.
In that point, anyone got any news on when the first V2's will hit out shores/website?
I was gonna ask Rob directly but I know he has got enough parts to build another one since doing all the upgrades ??.
Seriously, need one for the missus so we can be matching Stilus saddos.

ZoZa

Feb 22, 2021
Hungary
Sad news: decathlon has cancelled my order. They said, there was a huge IT problem with the website, and the showed stock was only virtually. My main problem is, i was able to order and of course completed the order paying with credit card. The ammount of the 3400 euro was taken. They said, they are not able to do a refund, cause this IT problem. So at the moment, no bike and no money. They are working on any solution to transfer my money back but it can takes about 14 days..

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
They did this to me a couple of times last year. Keep on at them & you will get your bike. Good luck.

Drsooty

Jul 10, 2020
Lancashire
Sad news: decathlon has cancelled my order. They said, there was a huge IT problem with the website, and the showed stock was only virtually. My main problem is, i was able to order and of course completed the order paying with credit card. The ammount of the 3400 euro was taken. They said, they are not able to do a refund, cause this IT problem. So at the moment, no bike and no money. They are working on any solution to transfer my money back but it can takes about 14 days..
This happened to me when I first ordered too. I did get one eventually.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
900+ on the clock & £500 above retail. Be interesting to see if it goes at that price, given that other than the Kiox, the upgrades are nothing much to shout about.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
No questions please but my “crystal ball “ informs me that there might be something different heading to our favourite stores sometime soon.

FEMALE STILUS

Bosh performance line engine 65nm
500wh battery

frame aliminium 6061 with 130mm rear travel *sky blue colour*

suntor XCR 130mm fork
suntor radion 130mm rear

shimano MT 400 with 180mm rotors

720mmx35 flatbar with 55m stem

FSA 32t front crank

shimano deore m6000 11/42 rear

29" with 30mm rims and shimano MT400B hub 32 spoke

schwalbe 29x 2.25

2799 euros

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles