Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Petesbigpants

Sep 15, 2020
Belfast
Morning folks just a quick one from a Noobie here.
I was down at our local store there in Belfast and had a chat with one of the bike staff there about when or if they're gonna get these in again.
Now not sure if this is gospel or not but he said it would probably Christmas if we're lucky.
Looks like those of us still holding out may have to look a different route :-(

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
As a rough guide and perhaps a starting point before your fine adjustment of front and rear shocks.

Using your weight in kgs pump the front fork to that figure in psi and then using your weight in pounds pump the rear shock the that figure in psi.

That should give you a good starting point before adjusting for sag. With regards rebound, start with a middle setting and see how you go on.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
There’s not a heck of a lot you can adjust on the 35. Just get the sag right, somewhere between 20-30% depending how supple you like it. The nice thing about most RockShox is they aren’t infinitely adjustable, set and go and they just work. FOX on the other hand with the Grip2, well I’m still tinkering ?

Last edited:

speedoangels

Jul 20, 2020
Bath, UK
A quick message to say it might be worth checking the torque on your Stilus crank-arm bolts. My left-hand one fell out 10 miles into a ride on the Quantock hills on Sunday and I had to walk back to the car without a crank arm fitted. I took a more direct route back and rolled down the hills, but it still wasn't fun. I've bought a couple of bolts now and will keep one on me as a spare, but it's worth 30 seconds of your time to check the bolts before your next ride to save a grumpy trudge back to the car/home :LOL:

canvas.png

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
A quick message to say it might be worth checking the torque on your Stilus crank-arm bolts. My left-hand one fell out 10 miles into a ride on the Quantock hills on Sunday and I had to walk back to the car without a crank arm fitted. I took a more direct route back and rolled down the hills, but it still wasn't fun. I've bought a couple of bolts now and will keep one on me as a spare, but it's worth 30 seconds of your time to check the bolts before your next ride to save a grumpy trudge back to the car/home :LOL:

View attachment 40470

Yes we had the same issue on a ride. Do check them before riding out of the box, as well as all other bolts.

It's an 8mm Bolt. Same as pedals.

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
Might try a coil on it if I can find one!
Hi Rob, if you ever change your shock could you let me know how the alignment is? I fitted a new Fox shock today and the fixings don’t totally line up I have to pull the trunnion end over one side by around 1.5 -2mm to get it to fit in the Horst link..not ideal obviously...just wondered if I’m the unlucky one with badly aligned mounts.

Thank you,
Del

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi Rob, if you ever change your shock could you let me know how the alignment is? I fitted a new Fox shock today and the fixings don’t totally line up I have to pull the trunnion end over one side by around 1.5 -2mm to get it to fit in the Horst link..not ideal obviously...just wondered if I’m the unlucky one with badly aligned mounts.

Thank you,
Del
Sure. Will do.

which shock did you get?

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
Just so you know, the way I found out my figment was out was to leave the eyelet bolt tight but remove the trunnion fixing bolts, swing the shock out obviously forwards and see if it sits in the middle of the link ?

Zecalama

Sep 14, 2020
Aveiro, Portugal
Been reading about the 4 "driving" modes, but my Stilus doesn`t come with EMTB mode.
The one between "Trail" and "Turbo", is the "Sport" mode.
Same as yours?
Or does the "EMTB" mode just appears after the new update and replace the "Sport" mode?
Thanks.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Been reading about the 4 "driving" modes, but my Stilus doesn`t come with EMTB mode.
Same as yours?
Or does the "EMTB" mode just appears after the new update and replace the "Sport" mode?
Thanks.

There are two software fits for this motor.

It's fitted to both Road/Commuter bikes and Mountain Bikes.

The Sport mode is for road bikes, i.e. it just delivers a set output regardless of torque through the pedals. eMTB matches your torque to the power output up to Turbo so if your cruising, you'll just get a cruise output (Eco). Powering up a hill or out of a corner, it will give you up to Turbo.

The eMTB mode is part of the new update and has been improved. Your bike has been loaded with the road software incorrectly. Not the absolute end of the world, but you may use more battery if you leave it there and will have to adjust the power mode depending on terrain. eMTB takes care of this for you, you barely have to change modes. You won't have 85nm in Sport mode. Some people don't come out of Eco or Tour so I wouldn't panic too much, but eMTB is the best mode of the motor and is very natural. It's like having an automatic transmission on your car if you use your gears correctly.

I would take it into your nearest Bosch dealer and have them change this for you, or Decathalon. You may be charged for it at a Bosch Service Centre though so be prepared for that. Usually, it's around £20-30. Call before you go though obviously.

Hope this helps..

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
any experience in Decathlon assistance?
Do they have expertise and suporte at stores for ex. to do software upgrades ?

Zecalama

Sep 14, 2020
Aveiro, Portugal
There are two software fits for this motor.

It's fitted to both Road/Commuter bikes and Mountain Bikes.

The Sport mode is for road bikes, i.e. it just delivers a set output regardless of torque through the pedals. eMTB matches your torque to the power output up to Turbo so if your cruising, you'll just get a cruise output (Eco). Powering up a hill or out of a corner, it will give you up to Turbo.

The eMTB mode is part of the new update and has been improved. Your bike has been loaded with the road software incorrectly. Not the absolute end of the world, but you may use more battery if you leave it there and will have to adjust the power mode depending on terrain. eMTB takes care of this for you, you barely have to change modes. You won't have 85nm in Sport mode. Some people don't come out of Eco or Tour so I wouldn't panic too much, but eMTB is the best mode of the motor and is very natural. It's like having an automatic transmission on your car if you use your gears correctly.

I would take it into your nearest Bosch dealer and have them change this for you, or Decathalon. You may be charged for it at a Bosch Service Centre though so be prepared for that. Usually, it's around £20-30. Call before you go though obviously.

Hope this helps..
Thanks a lot for the great explanation. :)
Will try on the shop (Decathlon).

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Yes we had the same issue on a ride. Do check them before riding out of the box, as well as all other bolts.

It's an 8mm Bolt. Same as pedals.
I got round to checking my crank bolts last night & sure enough, both were loose. The non drive side not even finger tight. Seems to be a common thing with these from the factory.

Jon0881

Aug 28, 2020
Lancashire
On it. No delivery slots tho

... tried up u til 12:30 and gave up. By 3:30am I got the message that it was out of stock.

Anyone here at least manage to nab it?

Last edited:

samohtr

Jul 24, 2020
St Albans
Same as yours?
Thanks.

Updates and software versions for on-board computers and drives

Follow the link it will show you the latest version and also how to display what version yours is.

Mine came with 1.1.0.0 the 85Nm version but like yours sport and not emtb.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles