Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
My battery fell out the frame today as I was riding. Just after I did a couple of small drops ??

Anyone else had any issues with the battery self ejecting when riding?!

Maybe I didn’t fully secure it back in after I removed it.
Fixed it. I hadn’t properly screwed down the Internal holder when I installed my Hope brakes. That part is also is an essential battery holder!

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Such a fun little bike!

A9B155D5-9C44-42E7-966A-251953A19792.jpeg

3384D57C-0024-48CB-80E5-8E999574D800.jpeg

81243802-F6A0-455F-B7AD-663F16452ED5.jpeg

E3D33048-603B-4263-9047-2AC8095D7DD3.jpeg

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I got around to asking after the motor upgrade at my local Bosch bike place who informed me they'd only do it if I bought a service plan from them at the princely sum of £500 a year for two years minimum which would entitle me to and this is weirder still, *up to* three services a year, excluding parts & a wash & lube for an additional £18. If I only required the software update, then I am cordially invited to enquire elsewhere at what they described as a 'Normal Bosch dealer'.

I'm all for supporting LBS's but this is chiselling graspery of the worst sort.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
I got around to asking after the motor upgrade at my local Bosch bike place who informed me they'd only do it if I bought a service plan from them at the princely sum of £500 a year for two years minimum which would entitle me to and this is weirder still, *up to* three services a year, excluding parts & a wash & lube for an additional £18. If I only required the software update, then I am cordially invited to enquire elsewhere at what they described as a 'Normal Bosch dealer'.

I didn't know Ferrari serviced bikes. Bloody hell, it must be a very quiet LBS at those prices.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London

We got offered a similar deal for our communal gates. £500 a year for two call outs (usually £125 a visit) then parts and labour on top for any diagnosed problems. We politely declined!

Not good business sense.

All they will do is torque your bolts, check your pads, cables and gears and lube your chain and tell you a load of stuff needs changing..And you’ve got to get it there three times!

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale

Name and shame so we can all drop em a email pledging never to use a dealer that trys to hold to ramsom its potential clients.. I for 1 have a long memory ????

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Name and shame so we can all drop em a email pledging never to use a dealer that trys to hold to ramsom its potential clients.. I for 1 have a long memory ????
Nope, no naming & shaming. Let's just say if you rock up at an LBS & they want £500 for a £25 upgrade, walk out the door.

charlieback

Jul 10, 2020
UK
No need to name them, as it will be easy to find. It'll be the shop with the marble pillars and crystal chandeliers inside ?.
Popped into Evans cycles before bikebros on Wed. They said they could do bosch software updates, although their system was down, and could I come back another day. Don't know if nationwide though.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
It is crappy business. Shop down the road - bring it in, 20 minutes, £25 quid. Sorted. I've built bikes for years, so I'd never touch a rip off service package bundled in with the thing I want but even so, it makes no sense not to take the £25 in the first place. It's cutting your nose off to spite your face. Why not just offer the update, take the money & then give it the servicing deal schtick when I'm in the shop if drumming up business is what you're after?

samohtr

Jul 24, 2020
St Albans
So today was supposed to be happy new bike day. The box arrived open. The delivery guys said this was how they picked it up. To top it all, the bolts for the bracket to hold the bars on were missing. I found one in the bottom of the box wedged between a flap and the side. Why can't decathlon do things properly. Email sent to customer services.
stilus.jpg

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Anyone else getting iffy range? This burnt three bars this morning in emtb which seems on the low side?

EIeNlETV.jpg medium.jpg

kriz

Jun 29, 2020
Rochdale, UK
So today was supposed to be happy new bike day. The box arrived open. The delivery guys said this was how they picked it up. To top it all, the bolts for the bracket to hold the bars on were missing. I found one in the bottom of the box wedged between a flap and the side. Why can't decathlon do things properly. Email sent to customer services. View attachment 40175
I sent my complaints to customer services and then to Decathlon CEO, including photos of the damage, I got a partial refund very quickly.

To: [email protected] [email protected];
17/07/20 12:58

Good afternoon Mr. Maziller, I was so excited to have managed to order the Decathlon Stilus bike from your company (it is very popular). But I have had nothing but problems since the order. The bike arrived late, damaged frame, faulty brakes, loose handgrip, missing bolts x4 from the handlebar stem, missing tools, and the charger port pulls out of the frame with the cable when charging is complete. I am still excited to have the bike, I just want to know if a replacement will be sent or a partial refund will be issued, and I fix the bike.

I have sent in the photos of the damage/issues/parts missing from my order. The last update I had was from Lee, "a manager was looking into the issue". I'm here at home with a huge box of bike in my living room. I just want to go for a ride, now I can see! (cataract surgery last week).

Regards and apologies for contacting you directly

Chris Whitehead

samohtr

Jul 24, 2020
St Albans
I checked the firmware version DU is 1.1.0.0 the 85Nm version so I believe. It doesn't have emtb mode though. Can I turn it on somehow? I just have eco, tour, sport and turbo. When I first turned it on I thought it was there, but it's not now.

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
I checked the firmware version DU is 1.1.0.0 the 85Nm version so I believe. It doesn't have emtb mode though. Can I turn it on somehow? I just have eco, tour, sport and turbo. When I first turned it on I thought it was there, but it's not now.
Nope software update needed, i think you have the us software on yours....does give you a 20mph level of assist instead of 15 though?...if your not actually going off rd this could be useful

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles