Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
Ce VTT électrique (VTTAE) a été sélectionné pour la pratique du VTT All Mountain.
Parcourez les sentiers les plus techniques avec ce VTTAE All Mountain et son moteur BOSCH Performance Line CX 2020. Ce VTT est pensé "pilotage", avec ses géométries modernes et son équipement adapté
not on sale by the looks of it in uk
this is the french site
3299euro
2782 sterling

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
zimmer is that from the uk site
i tried that this morning it is not listed on there,
i did however try on uk site about 3 weeks ago
ang it let me buy all the way through checkout
(obviously not going to the point where i pay)
i found that one on the french site, (and as
javedmr was asking) the pictures are better
to see what it has to offer
would like to happen what i said last thursday

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Yup, that's the UK site. You don't want to buy from the French one , it's more expensive.... Even if the pictures are better ?

Not quite sure why there is such disparagy between the decathlon sites in terms of information.

Looks ok to buy though. If anyone's worried about buying one for themselves, you can mitigate the risk and buy one for me, I need a guest bike.

Javedmr

Jan 22, 2020
Nottingham
I am convinced that this is going to be my first ever ebike. But I just want one good review or one good feedback from a forum recommending it before I take the plunge....

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I am convinced that this is going to be my first ever ebike. But I just want one good review or one good feedback from a forum recommending it before I take the plunge....

It's basically this ..

It's in Italian, I think I've submitted the translations for subtitles and so on, but It said it was still processing... Anyway, you get to look around the bike.

I can make a review up for you if you like ? I think half the ones I read on the internet are made up by people who haven't actually ridden the bike.

First Unofficial virtual review of the 2020 Decathlon Stilus.

After my previous Decathlon e-bike experiences, I was pleasantly shocked by the quality of production and design of the Stilus. Equally, the quality of front and rear suspension supplied on the bike are almost unbelievable for an entry level eMTB. The brakes, whilst not to everyones liking have great feel and are very effective, even if they do squeal like a lorry of pigs off to slaughter when you ride in the wet. Again, nice to see this level of dependable equipment on an entry level bike.

Riding : The bike is heavier than a lot of offerings available for 2020. That said, once you're underway, the bike hides the weight well and is barely noticeable. At times, the weight gave the impression the bike was glued to the ground and combined with the excellent suspension, offered a confident and "Magic Carpet" ride quality !

In comparison to the Kenevo, the bike was similar on none technical climbs. Slightly more manoeuvrable in tighter spaces, but didn't quite instil the same level of immortality confidence on the descents, but for a bike costing almost 1/3 of the price, it surpassed all expectations.

As a bonus, the wheels are pre-taped and ready for tubeless and with a dropper already on the bike, you're ready to go play straight out of the box.

There you go, only had a couple of minutes to Spare.

EMTBehave

Apr 7, 2019
CH
Hi guys. This is now in stock where I live and I am really considering it as my work will pay half under a CO2 saving scheme. As a bonus, I live very close to the local Decathlon so maintenance issues would be a doddle. A couple of questions:

1. For £1500 am I right in thinking that I can't go far wrong with this spec or is worth waiting to see what they release under the Rockrider brand?
  2. Is the suspension good enough for the majority of non/extreme weekend fun and touring situations?
  3. A spare battery should theoretically be easy to buy and carry around and replace on longer days riding, right?
  4. I am 178cm and 70KG and usually ride a Medium but the site says: "Aluminium frame: M: 160 - 169 CM L: 170 - 179 CM XL: 180 - 192 CM". Do you think it I can still ride a Medium or would the large be preferable? Sadly I can't try before buying.

Cheers. :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Could mean the E-st900 ?

15 - Cycling - E-ST900 Electric Mountain Bike, Grey/Orange - 27.5+

Brose motored hard tail. Seems like quite a reasonable bike and not bad spec for the money.

But more likely a typo and @EMTBehave meant £2500 .. but typed the £1500 which is what he will tell the OH it cost.

Suspension spec is good for most things. 500w and 625w Bosch batteries can be bought and swapped in/out easily.

For the size it depends on what terrain you will be riding, how you like to sit on the bike, what you're comfortable with ... I think there's a post about it higher up ..

EMTBehave

Apr 7, 2019
CH
which decathlon?
ill have 1 for £1500
"my work will pay half under a CO2 saving scheme " :)

Could mean the E-st900 ?

15 - Cycling - E-ST900 Electric Mountain Bike, Grey/Orange - 27.5+

Brose motored hard tail. Seems like quite a reasonable bike and not bad spec for the money.

But more likely a typo and @EMTBehave meant £2500 .. but typed the £1500 which is what he will tell the OH it cost.

Suspension spec is good for most things. 500w and 625w Bosch batteries can be bought and swapped in/out easily.

For the size it depends on what terrain you will be riding, how you like to sit on the bike, what you're comfortable with ... I think there's a post about it higher up ..

Great, thanks Zimmer!

EMTBehave

Apr 7, 2019
CH
fill yer boots buddy
job done
I guess the price of this bike basically means that you get a spare battery for free vs other competing bikes. Not only that but you could probably upgrade the suspension later to something better and still be pretty cost-effective overall. The frame, motor, brakes and gears seem a solid base to work with. :)

Javedmr

Jan 22, 2020
Nottingham
It's basically this ..

It's in Italian, I think I've submitted the translations for subtitles and so on, but It said it was still processing... Anyway, you get to look around the bike.

I can make a review up for you if you like ? I think half the ones I read on the internet are made up by people who haven't actually ridden the bike.

First Unofficial virtual review of the 2020 Decathlon Stilus.

After my previous Decathlon e-bike experiences, I was pleasantly shocked by the quality of production and design of the Stilus. Equally, the quality of front and rear suspension supplied on the bike are almost unbelievable for an entry level eMTB. The brakes, whilst not to everyones liking have great feel and are very effective, even if they do squeal like a lorry of pigs off to slaughter when you ride in the wet. Again, nice to see this level of dependable equipment on an entry level bike.

Riding : The bike is heavier than a lot of offerings available for 2020. That said, once you're underway, the bike hides the weight well and is barely noticeable. At times, the weight gave the impression the bike was glued to the ground and combined with the excellent suspension, offered a confident and "Magic Carpet" ride quality !

In comparison to the Kenevo, the bike was similar on none technical climbs. Slightly more manoeuvrable in tighter spaces, but didn't quite instil the same level of immortality confidence on the descents, but for a bike costing almost 1/3 of the price, it surpassed all expectations.

As a bonus, the wheels are pre-taped and ready for tubeless and with a dropper already on the bike, you're ready to go play straight out of the box.

There you go, only had a couple of minutes to Spare.
Thank you, you are very very kind. I think this is it...into the brave new world of emtbs

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Nice to see more options but it don't ring my bell!:alien:
Wondering how they are going to deal after sales assistance/issues and if stores are going to be prepared with people and equipments.

Kmmf

Jan 11, 2020
Liverpool
At last few months, I was thinking go for a 2nd hand ebike or a brand new with a limited cost. Finaly, I decided go for this with my budget. Its quit surprised me the bike come with sram x12s rockshock front and rear, and new motor. It's all what I want.
Just go out for a on road test, found that some sound come out from crank and motor when I try to pedal strong, It seems the common problems of the CX motor. Will ask the shop can sort it for me.

20200130_125217.jpg
20200130_125350.jpg
20200130_125234.jpg

Javedmr

Jan 22, 2020
Nottingham
At last few months, I was thinking go for a 2nd hand ebike or a brand new with a limited cost. Finaly, I decided go for this with my budget. Its quit surprised me the bike come with sram x12s rockshock front and rear, and new motor. It's all what I want.
Just go out for a on road test, found that some sound come out from crank and motor when I try to pedal strong, It seems the common problems of the CX motor. Will ask the shop can sort it for me.

View attachment 25155 View attachment 25156 View attachment 25157
Looks beautiful!
May I ask what is the wh of the battery. Is it 500 or 625?
Also are you able to lock out both the front and back suspensions? Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles