Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
there's a bit more info on this (translated) news article:

Google Translate
So, a question for all Decathlon lovers.. Do you go for this 'excellent value for money' interim bike or wait to see what Decathlon release under the Rockrider banner very soon?
Value for money can only get better surely as Decathlon's full sus Rockrider will have to be better than this interim bike.

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
Yeah, maybe it was lost in the translation, but it was a bit odd for them to say it's just a temporary stop gap bike. I'd possibly be concerned about parts availability / support once the 'real' rockrider appears

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I would actually go for this, certainly at the price point, rather than wait.

This is because its a frame being used by other brands so likely to be easy to get spares for in the future, and used the full Bosch suite of parts she say to get spares for that too - its very genericness is actually its biggest advantage in terms of the longer term as it pretty much uses all stock parts.

Quite frankly if you have a sub 3k budget their is nothing that even comes anywhere near it for the money, and nothing I can think of that isn't at least a grand more.

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
I would actually go for this, certainly at the price point, rather than wait.

This is because its a frame being used by other brands so likely to be easy to get spares for in the future, and used the full Bosch suite of parts she say to get spares for that too - its very genericness is actually its biggest advantage in terms of the longer term as it pretty much uses all stock parts.

Quite frankly if you have a sub 3k budget their is nothing that even comes anywhere near it for the money, and nothing I can think of that isn't at least a grand more.

Totally agree.

Buy the bike, go ride it.

The only thing that makes you a better rider is time in the saddle. A couple of degrees here and there on the geometry and a percent or two better performance on a couple of components won't do a thing.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Old motor and new motor are not interchangeable.

Corratec geo chart has no pretty picture to show what the measurements relate to.

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
been onto decathlon site, bike availlable online 2999
and its taking me through checkout
sorry guys not going any further

Novice

Jan 15, 2020
Poland
Do you have any info if this bike is avaible in Decathlon in other countries than Uk or France ? I have checked in Poland (where i do live), and seems its not (yet?) avaible here.
I tried as paul-g to order it from UK site, and yea, i came to checkout stage. Didnt went further to check if they can ship it to Poland.
Also it could create potential guarantee/service issues. We dont have official Bosch services here, so repairs are managed by bike shop where bicycle was purchased - usually they send damaged units directly to Bosch. Im affraid it will limit my guarantee to "non existing" level if i buy this bicycle from decathlon UK, in case of problems i would need to send bike back to UK. Theres some hope that Decatlon have some "pro-customer" politics and i could deliver damaged bike to Decathlon in Poland, but as for now i dont know anything about such possibility.

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
I'm quite far from any store, and they don't seem to have any in stock yet. I can always send it back using thier return policy if it doesnt fit.

Just wondering wether to go Medium or Large. I guess with the sloped top tube, standover height wont be much of an issue.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think they'll initially just be internet purchased, with in store pickup. As you say, you'll still be able to return it if it's a size disaster :)

Size wise, it looks like you're at the bottom end of their "large" recommendation. I guess it then comes down to how you plan to use it and what you want from it. The large will be a bit more stable, but the medium will be slightly smaller and easier to flick about - in theory.

HampshireSam

Jan 17, 2020
Hampshire
Copied from decathlons french website...

The STILUS mountain bike is equipped with a BOSCH POWERTUBE 500 Wh battery which guarantees up to 4 hours of autonomy and 2000 m D + (depending on the route and the operating mode). The frame is compatible, without any modification, with a 625Wh battery (700gr more) available on order from BOSCH

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Well spotted. They seem to have added a few other bits too :

The sizing guide is different to their other bikes :

M: between 1.60 m and 1.69 m
L: between 1.70 m and 1.80 m
XL: between 1.81 m and 1.92 m
If you are on the border between 2 sizes:
Take the smaller size to favour riding phases (easier to handle bike) and comfort (more straight back).
Take the larger size to favour the pedalling phase with a longer position (position more suitable for performance).

Easy to change battery :

The assembly / disassembly of the battery is done in less than 15 seconds:
1. we slide the protective cover down
2. we turn the key
3. we press the aluminum lever at the top of the battery
and voila.

Wheels :
SUNRINGLE DUROC 40: these wheels have been specially designed for this mountain bike:
- 36mm rims (width between hook), 32 spokes at the front and at the rear, for more robustness and good support for the 2 wide tires , 8 ".
- Through axes in BOOST format 12x148 behind and 15x110 in front, for more robustness
- Aluminum hubs with sealed bearings.
- TUBELESS READY compatible: pre-mounted rim tape; you will need specific PRESTA valves and anti-crevice liquid

SCHWALBE Smart AM 27.5 x 2.8 tires.

The dropper is 120mm.

50mm Stem. 760mm bars. (I cut my Kenevo bars down to 760 recently as the 800's were felling passing trees, the 760's felt like 300's for the first ride but feel great now)

Equipped with the PURION screen

Weight 25.5kg - without pedals.

Piflipvtt

Jan 24, 2019
France
[QUOTE = "Zimmerframe, poste: 131367, membre: 4350"] La batterie est de 500 Wh.

160 mm avant sur le Rockshox 35.
150 mm arrière sur le Deluxe.
Moteur CX 2020
Freins Sram Guide RE avec disques 200/200.

Decathlon a travaillé avec une entreprise italienne sur le vélo - n'a pas encore déterminé qui.

Sur dirait qu'en France, il ne sera disponible que pour la commande Web, mais l'e-st500 était comme ça au début et vous pourrez le récupérer en magasin. [/ CITATION]
LOMBARDO bike

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
people we keep reading this article and asking so many questions.
don`t think anyone has bought one
solution
asuming there is 2699 members what say we all donate £1.00
buy a bloody bike, have it tesed then we all know from the horses
mouth
bobs your aunty mary
job done

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
oh sorry guys for got to include
after test sell raffel tickets £1.00 each to each memeber
lucky winner gets a full sus for £1.00
then you ask where is all that money going to.
SEND ALL £2699 TO CHARITY

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
As I said somme time ago to a Decathlon store manager. Decathlon is losing the train. This show they are running to catch it with some hybrid/provisory solution.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles