Jul 22, 2020
UK
Oooooh Rusty's gone all Alien on us...
unnamed.jpg

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I had a Spesh hardtail powder coated a few years back & it was £50. Not much is the answer, plenty of little places on industrial estates will do this for you, have a ring round.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Well that didn't last long...

Four or five rides since receiving the post back from Jungle & the circlip that holds the internal assembly to the seat post failed trail side, leaving me with a gangsta BMX style ride home. This ******* seat post.
NhnhG4-q.jpg large.jpg

Last edited:

KevORourke

Dec 2, 2020
Oldham
Anybody had to replace the motor via warranty as yet? My Stilus died on Thursday eve, Purion just stopped working and won’t fire up. Changed the display batteries and nothing, got the bash guard and plastic housing off the motor to check for loose wires but all looks fine. Possibly just a Purion failure but my local decathlon haven’t got their Bosch laptops/dongles as yet so still cannot diagnose.

concerned as it took 5 months to get a replacement battery cover!?

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Anybody had to replace the motor via warranty as yet? My Stilus died on Thursday eve, Purion just stopped working and won’t fire up. Changed the display batteries and nothing, got the bash guard and plastic housing off the motor to check for loose wires but all looks fine. Possibly just a Purion failure but my local decathlon haven’t got their Bosch laptops/dongles as yet so still cannot diagnose.

Bad luck , just out of interest what happened to you battery cover ? And did you have to pay for the replacement

KevORourke

Dec 2, 2020
Oldham
Bad luck , just out of interest what happened to you battery cover ? And did you have to pay for the replacement
Ended up chipped on one side following a crash. Decathlon ordered me a replacement from Lombardo but it took ages and ended up being delivered to one of the stores that were closed in the last lockdown.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Sorry to hear that, Kev. To answer your question, I can only speak for myself but I haven't heard of many Bosch Gen 4 outright failures from hanging round here for a while & certainly mine seems ok so far. Over time, it seems that dirt & water ingress can cause problems but from what I read, the symptoms - noise, rattling etc. tend to be progressive rather than sudden. Good luck getting it sorted.

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire

Let us know how you get on with it . Hope it gets sorted soon man

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
Spares are definitely a problem

l've been waiting six weeks for a replacement battery lock for my brand new Kona Ebike, last time l emailed the shop that sold me the bike was Weds (it's now Mon) and not heard anything at all.

Thank goodness for zip ties ! As that's what is holding my battery in the frame right now.

Lordy71

Jul 29, 2020
lancashire
left hand pedal came of last week on downhill section, the thread in crank came out with the pedal!! Replaced with more shiny Hope bling at great expense. PS i got a replacement back wheel of decathlon for £59 see attached pics, first one rim was cracked in various places.wheel was cheaper than the tyre. But i have just noticed the dint in rim looking at the picture:cry::cry: .
As it stands the only original parts on bike are frame, motor, battery, rear shock and stem after 2200 miles.
20210515_120955.jpg
20210515_121002.jpg
20210515_121002.jpg
after 2200 miles.

KevORourke

Dec 2, 2020
Oldham
Replacement motor inbound from Bosch and the old one is off back to the service centre. Used a mobile Bosch mechanic to sort in the absence of my local Decathlon having the capability.

View attachment 61704

View attachment 61705

update! Replacement motor installed tonight so the old girl is back ??. Bike was down for around 3 weeks in total which isn’t too bad I suppose... We had a bit of faff with the old motor needing to be sent off first before a replacement was dispatched. After couriers (TNT) failed to collect the motor on multiple occasions the mechanic I used kicked off and they sent out the new motor as a priority. A fresh 2 year warranty kicks in as of now, as far as I’m aware.
yet to bill decathlon so will see how that pans out!

Last edited:

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
it's roughly the one year anniversary for my Stilus, here's what's gone wrong with it in that time:

Dropper broke twice & fixed under warranty
Rear maxle seized in situ
Maddening creak whcih I was convinced was the seatpost but turned out to be the lower shock bolt working loose.
Generally crap assembly around bolts & torque values on various important parts, cranks, top cap etc.
FSA Headset very prone to water & dirt ingress.
Brakes poorly set up from the factory.
Battery lock assembly is prone to wear in the spring loaded cam which can prevent the key from fully returning to the locked position, symptom is a rattling battery.

Overall, not bad. A few of these are Decathlon penny pinching, some are bad luck with 3rd party components & in the end you do get what you pay for. On the credit side, I've done miles & miles on it in all weathers in the great British mud & it's coped well on the whole, only leaving me stranded trailside the once when the dropper blew up.

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
update! Replacement motor installed tonight so the old girl is back ??. Bike was down for around 3 weeks in total which isn’t too bad I suppose... We had a bit of faff with the old motor needing to be sent off first before a replacement was dispatched. After couriers (TNT) failed to collect the motor on multiple occasions the mechanic I used kicked off and they sent out the new motor as a priority. A fresh 2 year warranty kicks in as of now, as far as I’m aware.
yet to bill decathlon so will see how that pans out!
Hey man . Did you have any joy with decathlon and motor billing ?

KevORourke

Dec 2, 2020
Oldham
Hey man . Did you have any joy with decathlon and motor billing ?

yes, motor replaced under warranty. Local decathlon store wasn’t Bosch certified at the time so I used a mobile mechanic to carry out the works.Took around 3 weeks to get sorted but lost a bit of time with couriers not collecting the motor etc. It then took the mechanic a couple of weeks to get paid from decathlon which needed a bit of chasing. Otherwise all fine.

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
it's roughly the one year anniversary for my Stilus, here's what's gone wrong with it in that time:

Dropper broke twice & fixed under warranty
Rear maxle seized in situ
Maddening creak whcih I was convinced was the seatpost but turned out to be the lower shock bolt working loose.
Generally crap assembly around bolts & torque values on various important parts, cranks, top cap etc.
FSA Headset very prone to water & dirt ingress.
Brakes poorly set up from the factory.
Battery lock assembly is prone to wear in the spring loaded cam which can prevent the key from fully returning to the locked position, symptom is a rattling battery.

Overall, not bad. A few of these are Decathlon penny pinching, some are bad luck with 3rd party components & in the end you do get what you pay for. On the credit side, I've done miles & miles on it in all weathers in the great British mud & it's coped well on the whole, only leaving me stranded trailside the once when the dropper blew up.
Have you checked your frame bearings out ? Would it be worth swapping them out for better ones ? I’m wondering if ordering a few spares via decathlon is worth while , things like those red bearing covers and the frame rubber cable bung things…

2F73467D-0E70-47D3-8B0E-EB7619E22E27.jpeg

D2B73FE0-37BA-4F38-BEA0-34E6990E0934.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles