Dealer cannot update wheel circumference with Software??

ScottDog_UK

Sep 2, 2018
West Sussex
Hello. Just purchased a Levo 2020 for my wife. Due to her size the best setup for her is a medium with 27.5 wheels, so I have purchased all the parts (wheels, fork, chainring) to set the bike to 27.5" wheel and get the gear range matching up.

I asked the dealer to set the wheel circumference to 2120 which is the measured circumference as I know we cannot adjust any more via mission control. The dealer was obliging as its a legitimate request and not me fiddling with the cut off, but they went to do it on the B2B software and said they couldn't as the option was greyed out?

Has anyone else had an issue with getting an authorised dealer to adjust the circumference, due to the software not letting them??

Thank you!

Scott

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Try another dealer. My dealer changed my circumference to 2000 without problems although I did not changed the wheels ...

ScottDog_UK

Sep 2, 2018
West Sussex
Try another dealer. My dealer changed my circumference to 2000 without problems although I did not changed the wheels ...
Thanks Salko but the dealer isnt the issue (and I work for them as a consultant!) they are finding the the option on their firmware updater is greyed out! I am sure they must be missing something, as I expect that on Mission Control but not the dealer software.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
If option is greyed out, then the dealer should contact Specialized and ask them why this option is not available for them ...

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Its a 2020 Turbo Levo (base), brand spanking new. I have sent an enquiry to rider support, but thanks for sharing with them :)

Was the TCU of the bike connected via a USB cable to the dealer portal? Could the dealer update the firmware? If not, then it could ve that the connection to the bike was faulty and therefore the option was greyed out?

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
It appears the dealer needs to update their software according to Specialized so I have let them know, and they kindly gave me a step by step to pass on too! Thanks for the responses, and useful info if anyone else encounters the same issue.

Can you share the step-by-step so I can pass it on to my dealer? That should make it mush easier for them to adjust my Levo SL.
Thanks!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles