Dead levo

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Washed this morning now won't switch on tried blowing air at Tcu connections. Just getting a red flash on top bar
Was not too much water used . Hopefully dry put by morning if it is moisture. Any suggestions welcome.

Utah Rider

Jul 4, 2019
Utah
I've never had that happen and I have two Levos. There must be a moisture indicator inside. I always wash my bikes off with a garden hose. Been in plenty of rain, snow and deep water crossings and never had that happen. Hopefully it dries out fast and resets.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I've never had that happen and I have two Levos. There must be a moisture indicator inside. I always wash my bikes off with a garden hose. Been in plenty of rain, snow and deep water crossings and never had that happen. Hopefully it dries out fast and resets.
Same here had it since June have had 30 runs on it has needed to be washed 27 out of that and never had a problem. Its been absolutely clartit every time I have been out as it has been very wet up here.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I said in battery. The very same lights which indicate charging status will indicate short circuit when you connect battery to your bike / try to start it.
But can't see lights when I plug in wiring harness is that what you mean

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Yup. That is what I mean. You can actually see some of the lights and when you unplug it when lights are cycling you can see em’ all.
Yup. That is what I mean. You can actually see some of the lights and when you unplug it when lights are cycling you can see em’ all.
Nothing when plugging in if I push conectors in with finger get two bottom solid and 3rd flashing but that is the charge status was 66 when i charged it . As I say push on button just faint red on top bar for a nano second. Dark now so will leave till morning now. Thanks

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
The TCU (on/off button thingy) on the top tube can be affected by water ingress -- but only if the rubber cover of USB port (used for firmware update) is not properly seated. To check it, you need a T10 Torx driver to remove the screw, gently lift front and slide it forward & up to lift out.

Problem caused by shop forgetting to reseat rubber cover of USB port used for firmware updating. :unsure:

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
I suggest you disconnect the two cables and place TCU in a sunny position with USB/battery compartment cover removed and to aid water vapor to escape, position TCU with the opening as the highest point.

The TCU part no. is S194200017. Google it and you will find online stores that sell it.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I suggest you disconnect the two cables and place TCU in a sunny position with USB/battery compartment cover removed and to aid water vapor to escape, position TCU with the opening as the highest point.

The TCU part no. is S194200017. Google it and you will find online stores that sell it.
Dried itself out overnight folks thanks for answering. Get it filthy again today and wash more carefully this time.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia

Are these the fiddliest bikes on the planet or what?

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
Dried itself out overnight folks thanks for answering. Get it filthy again today and wash more carefully this time.
The problem was not how you washed your bike! The problem is rubber USB/battery compartment cover that has not been refitted properly. Most likely the fault of mechanic at your lbs who built/prepared your bike ready for hand over to you.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
The problem was not how you washed your bike! The problem is rubber USB/battery compartment cover that has not been refitted properly. Most likely the fault of mechanic at your lbs who built/prepared your bike ready for hand over to you.
It looked ok to be honest and agree fiddly to fit back on.there was water on the cables going in to Tcu but that's opposite side from the usb port isn't it .

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
Most shops that sell Specialized Turbo bikes will carry spares, so if it happens again give them a call. They will find the fault and fix for free covered by warranty.

Last edited:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I pointed this out on another thread but here goes a gain! It is not necessarily water ingress from washing but condensation inside the battery connector and tubes of the frame caused by using a lot of cold water on parts of the bike that may still be warm....especially the down tube housing the battery and in and around the motor. A continuous albeit gentle spray from a hose is a lot of very cold water. I use tepid water in a bucket and a sponge.

Pete K2

Mar 16, 2019
FI
I had same problem a month ago.
I phoned to local dealer, we tested some things but then I take the bike and go to the dealer. It takes 20 minutes and they localized the problem to cable between battery and motor. After changing that it works again. Warranty takes every costs.

breaky33

Apr 12, 2019
Sydney Australia
Washed this morning now won't switch on tried blowing air at Tcu connections. Just getting a red flash on top bar
Was not too much water used . Hopefully dry put by morning if it is moisture. Any suggestions welcome.

OK finally mine did same thing due to water ingress!

So:
1./ contact cleaner sprayed all the TCU unit after opening the back of it.
2./ Hair dryer on it all for 2-3 minutes
3./ Leave it hanging to dry.
4./ Remove battery and check same for contacts there,
5./ Leave overnight, re-install everything, and all good in the morning.
6./ I will put some SikaFlex over casing for TCU unit.
7./ I will use electrical tape over balance of casing and over usb rubber bung.

Rule 1./ Be Careful when washing your bike.
Rule 2./ If EVER in doubt under the ones screw on TCU Unit and pop out and dry by cloth.

Thanks all.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Loving this UK weather. Have not cleaned anything except the drivetrain for weeks. I am thinking of getting a feather duster though!

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
OK finally mine did same thing due to water ingress!

So:
1./ contact cleaner sprayed all the TCU unit after opening the back of it.
2./ Hair dryer on it all for 2-3 minutes
3./ Leave it hanging to dry.
4./ Remove battery and check same for contacts there,
5./ Leave overnight, re-install everything, and all good in the morning.
6./ I will put some SikaFlex over casing for TCU unit.
7./ I will use electrical tape over balance of casing and over usb rubber bung.

Rule 1./ Be Careful when washing your bike.
Rule 2./ If EVER in doubt under the ones screw on TCU Unit and pop out and dry by cloth.

Thanks all.
I was told by Chris at Berkshire never to use anything on connections I have several times. Mine has not played up this year yet it only refused 3 times to start . Maybe I am more careful washing it.

breaky33

Apr 12, 2019
Sydney Australia
I was told by Chris at Berkshire never to use anything on connections I have several times. Mine has not played up this year yet it only refused 3 times to start . Maybe I am more careful washing it.

Yeh I understand Chris's point but its like this. Buy a new TCU or give it a go! A can of contact cleaner is 1% of the price of the TCU unit.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Yeh I understand Chris's point but its like this. Buy a new TCU or give it a go! A can of contact cleaner is 1% of the price of the TCU unit.
Yes I have used it I think he was on about the seal plug on battery more specifically. I put vaseĺine round where cables coming ot frame you get moisture on tcu that way

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles