De restricting shimano E8000

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Badass box is the easiest. Doubles the assist speed. It'll be illegal on public roads and lands and you'll probably be voiding the warranty on the motor. But it's neat and easily removed if need be.

Gordon

G-Bru

Jan 8, 2019
United Kingdom
I second eMax or miniMax software. Cost is a little high, but if you have a mate with a SM-PCE01 then about the same as any hardware type derestrictor. No messing with wires, speed and distances are not affected either when going the software route.

G.

Paulpetta

Mar 18, 2019
Palm Cove
The only reason I would use a software flash like ePlus or eMax it would be for de-tuning the ECO mode..these 2 software flashing programs surely void your bike warranty on the spot!!!
On the other hand, the badasBox do not interfere with the software as its main function is to halve the speed sensor signal..

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
The only reason I would use a software flash like ePlus or eMax it would be for de-tuning the ECO mode..these 2 software flashing programs surely void your bike warranty on the spot!!!
On the other hand, the badasBox do not interfere with the software as its main function is to halve the speed sensor signal..
Eplus will void your warranty. eMax can easily be returned to factory settings with no warranty issues. Why use inferior and crude technology when there is a software solution available that makes everything work 100%?

Paulpetta

Mar 18, 2019
Palm Cove
I may get one and try it..my question is that when you upgrade to a new bike do you have to buy another software or you can just transfer it to the new bike..

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
This is a fairly common fix and certainly works on Yamaha and Bosch but I thought I had read somewhere that Shimano had now installed software on their latest motors to prevent it.

Might give it a go.

ebike_junkie

Mar 30, 2019
San Clemente, California
This is a fairly common fix and certainly works on Yamaha and Bosch but I thought I had read somewhere that Shimano had now installed software on their latest motors to prevent it.

Might give it a go.

I have the latest firmware on my bike and it worked fine. I think it's definitely worth a try, just to see if you even like or notice it being derestricted.

Marc

Jun 21, 2019
Switzerland
Eplus will void your warranty. eMax can easily be returned to factory settings with no warranty issues.

ePlus - are you talking about speedplus? Speedplus is reversible without trace like eMax. No difference, you wont loose your warranty with either software.

Speedplus does already support 4.7.1 with real measurements and custom speedsettings. You can even up the torque to 90nm.

Its not cheap tho... full race package with mobile app 199euros.

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
STEPS unlocker is just $35 USD, same features as eMax Mobile but about 1/3 the licensing price. No PC and no PC link needed.

Marc

Jun 21, 2019
Switzerland
already have a pce2 interface. but steps unlocker has no real speedsettings on newer firmwares, no torque enhancements.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles