Article De-Restrict Your Legs in 2020.

Ben Plenge

Apr 15, 2019
Whether or not you should de-restrict your e-bike is a pretty toxic subject, sure to divide opinion online and out on the trails. No matter which side you fall on though, the reasons behind wanting to de-restrict are ones we all share……

We want to ride further. 

We want to ride faster.

We want to have more fun.

The great news is that we can achieve all three, along with improved health, and without the need for making your bike illegal and invalidating the warranty…….

In 2020 I want you to de-restrict your legs!

Improved strength and fitness will enable you to ride further on a single charge, faster when you exceed the max assistance speed, and it will let you take control of your heavy e-bike over rough trails. A couple of hours per week will let you de-restrict your legs (whole body actually) giving you more power, and more confidence, meaning more fun on your bike.

How?

You don’t need to adopt a full time, obsessive training regime to feel the...

Continue reading...

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
If I'm not going for a ride, I have a basic exercise regime, but it's for back, chest, triceps, biceps, and core. I figure my legs get enough on the bike, I wan't to keep my upper body in reasonable shape too. Helps when I have to lift the bike over fences etc. I also do a few basic stretches.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
And picking up drinks from a full arms length works my front shoulder muscles, then my biceps as the drink gets closer :)
Not to mention the neck extensions as you roll the head backwards all the way each time you finish a drink ! (y)

Maybe you need to start a new thread with suggestions and diagrams for "Boozersize" ?

You could have some advanced levels like press ups where you get to sip your drink from a straw for each one as a reward.

Unless you want to keep this mainly to stretching and flexibility ? You could expand out from just drinking to when pigging out too with the hugely successful new martial art Tai Chips ?

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Not to mention the neck extensions as you roll the head backwards all the way each time you finish a drink ! (y)

Maybe you need to start a new thread with suggestions and diagrams for "Boozersize" ?

You could have some advanced levels like press ups where you get to sip your drink from a straw for each one as a reward.

Unless you want to keep this mainly to stretching and flexibility ? You could expand out from just drinking to when pigging out too with the hugely successful new martial art Tai Chips ?
ooh, tai chips - this sounds good. You're not with hash house harriers are you? :ROFLMAO:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You're not with hash house harriers are you? :ROFLMAO:
I had to look that up ... despite it being around since 1938 ... where the hell have I been ?!?!

hash-house-harriers.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles