Damage to rear fork arm

John208

Oct 1, 2019
Hampshire
Hi does any one know how the hell this is happening especially on the top looks like the chain is scraping in to the arm badly.The chain has not come off at all.

123.jpg

Last edited:

John208

Oct 1, 2019
Hampshire
Yeh clutch is on.Im going to get a new chain as it is worn .I have cable tied a section of inner tube around the fork to prevent further damage for now.Will at some time try to get a decent paint matched and repair it

Alcove

Jan 3, 2019
Canada
I get some chain slap there but paint chips away and is just in the top. That looks different, like constant dragging or something...

I previously went through a frame warranty {crack in seat/top tube joint) and put rubber mastic tape on the previous frame and have been meaning to get more to do the same again as it does it on current frame too.

John208

Oct 1, 2019
Hampshire
Since I put a bit of tube as protection on the fork ,sods law it has been fine not even marked the tube after 80 miles of running,a bit peeved of with the damage but still love the bike approaching 700 miles now ,saying that I wished I went for full suspension to save my arthritic back from more pain

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles