Dalby Ride

Yorkshire Rich

Aug 1, 2019
westyorkshire
Just thought i'd do a quick little review . went to Dalby today and did the blue route plus a bit of random exploring . This was only my second ride because a week after getting the bike i was standing in the back of the works van when someone steamrolled into it leaving me off work a month. Anyway i did about 14 miles today mainly in eco (75%) and boost (25%) and had 2 bars left . couple of points when i turned the bike on bearing in mind it only had 20 miles use i got an error code something like w003 ? once i turned the bike off on back on it sorted it. When i had finished the ride and got home the battery wasn't showing any bars at all but said 14 miles range left and still worked fine.
All in all was pretty happy with the bike coped well on the terrain even with my novice style and the range i was happy ish with. Still undecided on the tec pack now because if i'd of kept going i could of got around 25 miles and not sure i will do many 25 mile rides in one go. One last thing is it just me that thinks trail mode doesn't really do anything it doesn't seem any different to eco mode.

Reactions: MsO

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
If you pedal uphill nice and slow in Eco, then you will deffo get 25 miles. Don't forget that on average, half your distance is downhill, so that is either "off" or on Eco too.

Download the Shimano e-Tube app onto your phone and use it to change the settings on Trail and Boost. There are three settings for each; Low, Med, High. You can't change Eco. Currently, Trail may may be set to Low, so it won't feel dramatically different to Eco. I have mine set at Trail on High and Boost on Medium.

This will require patience, but it is doable. I'm not the most agile with phones and apps, but if I can manage it.....

If all else fails go to your local Focus dealer and they will use their laptop to sort it for you.

By the way, the app will also keep your updates current on battery and motor.

If it's the code I'm thinking of, it's the one that occurs when something is pressing on the crank/pedal when you switch on. Keep well away from the cranks. It once triggered for me when a towel was hanging on one of the pedals!

Yorkshire Rich

Aug 1, 2019
westyorkshire
If you pedal uphill nice and slow in Eco, then you will deffo get 25 miles. Don't forget that on average, half your distance is downhill, so that is either "off" or on Eco too.

Download the Shimano e-Tube app onto your phone and use it to change the settings on Trail and Boost. There are three settings for each; Low, Med, High. You can't change Eco. Currently, Trail may may be set to Low, so it won't feel dramatically different to Eco. I have mine set at Trail on High and Boost on Medium.

This will require patience, but it is doable. I'm not the most agile with phones and apps, but if I can manage it.....

If all else fails go to your local Focus dealer and they will use their laptop to sort it for you.

By the way, the app will also keep your updates current on battery and motor.

If it's the code I'm thinking of, it's the one that occurs when something is pressing on the crank/pedal when you switch on. Keep well away from the cranks. It once triggered for me when a towel was hanging on one of the pedals!
cheers steve i'll deffo download that app call me stupid but how do you get it to sync with you bike is it just bluetooth . Not bad with phones but never used one with a bike

Reactions: MsO

Keifo H

Dec 20, 2019
Chesterfield
8A4D6642-FA65-4C1D-BA8C-20F252FF335F.png
Version 3.4.4 , eco mode been adjustable for a while , i use these settings ... works for me, but everyone’s different so worth experimenting.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@Keifo H Thanks for that! Eco is now adjustable, eh? I wondered what mine was set at so I went for a look see. I've got Eco: High, Trail: High, Boost: Medium. I wonder if one of the updates did that to Eco? Anyway, I'm happy with it so I won't be changing anything.

Keifo H

Dec 20, 2019
Chesterfield
@Keifo H Thanks for that! Eco is now adjustable, eh? I wondered what mine was set at so I went for a look see. I've got Eco: High, Trail: High, Boost: Medium. I wonder if one of the updates did that to Eco? Anyway, I'm happy with it so I won't be changing anything.

No probs, I tried loads of settings, don't use boost much, so set it to low to use for tech climbs, because the self adjusting trail mode seems a bit vague when using varied cadence and pedal pressure on tricky climbs

Yorkshire Rich

Aug 1, 2019
westyorkshire
cheers guys iv'e downloaded the app so will give it a try on my next day off work. I'd be interested to see what my Eco is set at too as for most of the ride on flat and small inclines eco was enough but as i got a bit tired i started using boost a lot more .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles