Custom Painted Focus Jam2 Factory

Danijel

Aug 13, 2018
Netherlands
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to share with you some pictures of my freshly painted Focus Jam2. A lot of you will probably think i am crazy but i could not stand the brown/neon yellow color on my bike. In my personal opinion a lot of mountainbike products are over branded! It's like the 90's all over again. Everything has to have the brand printed or painted on it in a huge font. Let the design speak for itself and not the logo's.

Wonder what you guys think!

L4340143.JPG

L4340144.JPG

Danijel

Aug 13, 2018
Netherlands
Nice effort, the bike looks super clean! Did you do the work yourself?

Thanks! Yeah i did it myself. Painted it with a quality spray gun and 2k paint so the finish should be pretty durable. It was a lot of work getting al the sanding perfect because of the decals.

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
Wouldn't pick that colour myself but as long as it makes you happy.. I've just bought a Jam2 and gonna send it back as I'm unsure of the colour. If im paying 4k plus for a bike then I wanna be totally happy with it.

Danijel

Aug 13, 2018
Netherlands
Wouldn't pick that colour myself but as long as it makes you happy.. I've just bought a Jam2 and gonna send it back as I'm unsure of the colour. If im paying 4k plus for a bike then I wanna be totally happy with it.

I agree but sometimes the bike is so good that you are willing to compromise. But after a while it got to me and i decided to paint it. The color is different i will give you that but in real life it's pretty cool. Less yellow

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
I've got the same bike, I'm still not 100% convinced on the brown but I actually like the yellow bits, I have added yellow pedals as well :giggle:

Danijel

Aug 13, 2018
Netherlands
I've got the same bike, I'm still not 100% convinced on the brown but I actually like the yellow bits, I have added yellow pedals as well :giggle:
Haha. Oh man i could not stand the yellow bits. And no way to remove them without a complete paint job.

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
I agree but sometimes the bike is so good that you are willing to compromise. But after a while it got to me and i decided to paint it. The color is different i will give you that but in real life it's pretty cool. Less yellow
But when you first got the bike did you like the colour? I'm of the type if I don't like the look then I'm not buying no matter how good the specs are.

Danijel

Aug 13, 2018
Netherlands
But when you first got the bike did you like the colour? I'm of the type if I don't like the look then I'm not buying no matter how good the specs are.
Nope never liked it but the deal was so good that i could not let it pass because of the colourscheme. Now after some hard work the bike is how i want it. And they say that it's less likely to get stolen like this.... No logo, branding, custom color and so on. Do hope thats true!

Danijel

Aug 13, 2018
Netherlands
Original colour with a few accessories...

View attachment 12022
Love the bike but there is just so much going on. Logo's, colors, decals. Specialized kind of know how to tone this down a little bit by not going crazy with al the branding. I honestly don't understand why every MTB product has to have huge branding on it. I feel like a idiot advertising for companys.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Love the bike but there is just so much going on. Logo's, colors, decals. Specialized kind of know how to tone this down a little bit by not going crazy with al the branding. I honestly don't understand why every MTB product has to have huge branding on it. I feel like a idiot advertising for companys.

I see what you mean but I like a bit of colour on mine, although the blue mudguard has now gone and the old black one is back on :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles