Review Custom FS Frame Bag

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Thought I'd post a quick review of a frame bag I've had made by a UK company called bike-bag.co.uk
I'm trying to avoid carrying a large rucksack on longer trips out and now I've purchased a larger Wh battery the need to carry a spare is reduced as well.

The website shows the process whereby you create a template yourself of the required shape and take as many measurements as possible including the circumference of various places on the frame. This is where taking your time pays off as better the template, the better the bag shape will be.
I've shown my template and Jon's response below that shows the advised strap placing. The lower battery strap works well as the Yamaha battery has a gap between it and the frame that allows the strap to pass through.

The bag itself is made from heavy duty cordura which is also used to reinforce the thick velcro straps. I requested just one zip and this is covered with a velcro'd weather strip as well. The zip also appears to be a heavyweight item and opens and closes easily even though the bag is curved. The seams are double stitched and the bag has a high quality feel to it. They also added a rigid plastic base in the section above the rear suspension pivot which will stop the bag sagging.

The swapping of photos and info took place over 1 evening and the bag was dispatched a week later even though the website states a 2 week turnaround.
The price was very reasonable compared to bags from mainstream manufacturers and I'm really pleased with the resulting frame bag.

card on bike.JPG Shape.JPG image.png bag.JPG

Last edited:

scoffcrudle

Feb 19, 2019
Scotland
Very helpful, thank you. I'm looking for a frame bag to fit a Cube stereo hybrid and I think this is the best route to go. Thanks for the post.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Very helpful, thank you. I'm looking for a frame bag to fit a Cube stereo hybrid and I think this is the best route to go. Thanks for the post.
The only change to the design that I'd make in hindsight is have the zip on the right-hand side (or both) so you can access the bag when you lay the bike on it's non-drive side.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Yes, thats a good shout regarding the zips. How waterproof is it? Are you quite happy with its performance overall?
It's not been exposed to a complete soaking (maybe this weekend:confused:) but it's easy to remove if the bike's going on the roofrack, it's held it's shape perfectly and I've had no issues with the zip regardless of what I've crammed into it. If and when I change bikes I'd order another one.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Thought I'd post a quick review of a frame bag I've had made by a UK company called bike-bag.co.uk
I'm trying to avoid carrying a large rucksack on longer trips out and now I've purchased a larger Wh battery the need to carry a spare is reduced as well.

The website shows the process whereby you create a template yourself of the required shape and take as many measurements as possible including the circumference of various places on the frame. This is where taking your time pays off as better the template, the better the bag shape will be.
I've shown my template and Jon's response below that shows the advised strap placing. The lower battery strap works well as the Yamaha battery has a gap between it and the frame that allows the strap to pass through.

The bag itself is made from heavy duty cordura which is also used to reinforce the thick velcro straps. I requested just one zip and this is covered with a velcro'd weather strip as well. The zip also appears to be a heavyweight item and opens and closes easily even though the bag is curved. The seams are double stitched and the bag has a high quality feel to it. They also added a rigid plastic base in the section above the rear suspension pivot which will stop the bag sagging.

The swapping of photos and info took place over 1 evening and the bag was dispatched a week later even though the website states a 2 week turnaround.
The price was very reasonable compared to bags from mainstream manufacturers and I'm really pleased with the resulting frame bag.

View attachment 45322 View attachment 45325 View attachment 45326 View attachment 45327

Nice review and looks a good quality item…….definitely worth considering.
If just for tools and spares.
????

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
It's not been exposed to a complete soaking (maybe this weekend:confused:) but it's easy to remove if the bike's going on the roofrack, it's held it's shape perfectly and I've had no issues with the zip regardless of what I've crammed into it. If and when I change bikes I'd order another one.
Oh yee of little faith ..I've cancelled that weather report for a better one ( but bring a waterproof just in case...)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles