custom 34lb(15kg) full carbon E-bike

Manc44

Jun 22, 2021
Manchester
I'm going to take advantage of a little recess on my dropouts and put one of these on each side, but I'll file it flat a bit (and the corner) so it's not able to press in one concentrated area. For this to be lined up with the dropout, it needs rotating clockwise compared to how it's lined up in this image - which is handy because then I can file a flat section off on the outside near the small hole. It's the same deal on the drive side.

If I'm careful enough I can file it so the corner is rounded like on the bike frame and any flat part is lined up with the little shelf/recess of the frame. The recess is 9.5mm deep.

Hopefully it's close enough to still be solid carbon where the torque arm might press on it but I think it must be when it's that close to the axle:

01 - Torque Arm.jpg

Without it:

02 - Dropout.jpg

michael.kozera

New Dad ! 👶
Feb 3, 2021
calgary
I'm going to take advantage of a little recess on my dropouts and put one of these on each side, but I'll file it flat a bit (and the corner) so it's not able to press in one concentrated area. For this to be lined up with the dropout, it needs rotating clockwise compared to how it's lined up in this image - which is handy because then I can file a flat section off on the outside near the small hole. It's the same deal on the drive side.

If I'm careful enough I can file it so the corner is rounded like on the bike frame and any flat part is lined up with the little shelf/recess of the frame. The recess is 9.5mm deep.

Hopefully it's close enough to still be solid carbon where the torque arm might press on it but I think it must be when it's that close to the axle:

View attachment 72390

Without it:

View attachment 72391
good idea,.

remeber too, that TQ arm can be placed on either side of the swing arm as the hub motor axle is very wide.

Manc44

Jun 22, 2021
Manchester
From elsewhere:

Code:
-------------------------
| Axle Nuts: | Failure: | 
|-----------------------|
|   30 N-m   | 78.3 N-m | 
|   60 N-m   | 83.9 N-m | 
|   90 N-m   | 96.6 N-m |
-------------------------

If this holds true then the 35Nm I tighten mine to is well within the 45Nm capability of the motor.

It also shows that tightening the nuts to double the amount doesn't mean it can handle double the motor force, not even close!

Nobrks

Sep 16, 2021
Denmark

for the electric system its got a custom made motor (from china), i had it spec'ed for 52v nominal at 350Kv, i also had them build it in a smaller sized motor then they usually do so the motor is very small for its speed as you can see in the photos.

battery is custom internal battery i made using Samsung 3500mah cells, 56 of em for a total of 706wh pack...

That is amazing, 706Wh in such a small frame! Please share more details 🙏

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles