Cush Core - would you recommened?

Zed

Feb 26, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
As for hardtail party. He likes to talk. Pinch of salt 😁
Yeah and I mean he seems to think hardtails have a place in a world with full suspension bikes... ;)

I jest. Mostly...

Seems like a nice guy, I like his channel, I've built up a hardtail to "get back to roots" about five times, and each time regretted it. I seem to have issues learning lessons hey...

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
How is it possible to get a pinch flat with Cushcore? Are you running Cushcore with tubes or tubeless?
Tubeless of course. Never heard of Cushcore with tubes. The rocks I ride are lava and very shard edged in places. Fingers crossed! And yes I run 35 + PSI and was still getting snake bites.

As for the cushcore. The front tracks through rocks without being 'pinged' offline. I could not believed it after my first ride. It feels so controlled! The rear is the same and the bike overall tracks better and corners better.

The tyres feel like they have a slower rebound and that translates into a great ride feel. I did not want to buy into the cushcore hype- but wow.

Last edited:

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Tubeless of course. Never heard of Cushcore with tubes. The rocks I ride are lava and very shard edged in places. Fingers crossed! And yes I run 35 + PSI and was still getting snake bites.

As for the cushcore. The front tracks through rocks without being 'pinged' offline. I could not believed it after my first ride. It feels so controlled! The rear is the same and the bike overall tracks better and corners better.

The tyres feel like they have a slower rebound and that translates into a great ride feel. I did not want to buy into the cushcore hype- but wow.
35 PSI !!! How much do you weigh? I would either be slipping off every rock and root I ride over or getting no traction at all on our granite slabs where we ride. I run mine a little low at F17 and R20 and weigh in at 190 lbs but the Cushcore website says using their product feels like it adds between 3 - 5 PSI. I have never had a flat or felt any issues using EXO+ and DD tires. YMMV.

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
35 PSI !!! How much do you weigh? I would either be slipping off every rock and root I ride over or getting no traction at all on our granite slabs where we ride. I run mine a little low at F17 and R20 and weigh in at 190 lbs but the Cushcore website says using their product feels like it adds between 3 - 5 PSI. I have never had a flat or felt any issues using EXO+ and DD tires. YMMV.
Like iv'e said the terrain here is sharp lava rocks and square edged extensively. Not wooded forests (well there are but I ride mostly on tech trails). On a 25KG bike that you cant unweight at the rear as well as a traditional bike its a recipe for snake bites. I'm 72KG. Been a Mtber since the 90's and ridden my local trails a lot on all types of bikes- and never had this issue before. 😆

Loving cushcore so far. Brilliant! It not only protects against snake bites but the handling is out of this world!

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Like iv'e said the terrain here is sharp lava rocks and square edged extensively. Not wooded forests (well there are but I ride mostly on tech trails). On a 25KG bike that you cant unweight at the rear as well as a traditional bike its a recipe for snake bites. I'm 72KG. Been a Mtber since the 90's and ridden my local trails a lot on all types of bikes- and never had this issue before. 😆

Loving cushcore so far. Brilliant! It not only protects against snake bites but the handling is out of this world!
If they are working for you, that's great! I am guessing you are not in Rotorua? I have some friends from that area so I was thinking you were riding techy rooty trails.

I like these old boys. They always seem to have a good time and are not too serious.

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
If they are working for you, that's great! I am guessing you are not in Rotorua? I have some friends from that area so I was thinking you were riding techy rooty trails.

I like these old boys. They always seem to have a good time and are not too serious.

I'm in Christchurch. The Rotovegas trails are brilliant but technically mellow vs my local. Mostly manmade too. Been years since i've ridden there actually. I must go back!

We have a bike park with similar trails to Rotovegas - but I like to ride the other side on natural trails that do cause some issues.

I'm looking forward to lowering my PSI now i've got cushcore. Will report back!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles