Levo Gen 2 Cush core or Tannus Armour

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Tannus if you want a mess free , or at least sealant free experience and puncture protection over performance. But be aware they have a dead feel, almost like too much rebound dampening.

Rim protection with tubeless if you value feel over puncture protection.

Have a think about what your get home when glat options / choices are - ie if you manage to get a puncture through tannus, are you comfortable risking riding home on foam or are your rims precious? Do you carry tubes?

Oct 20, 2020
Colorado
I run tubeless but learned the hard way to carry a tube for catastrophic tire failures. I was asking about running inserts with a tubeless setup.

mtbbiker

Sep 15, 2018
Murrieta
I've used both and prefer Cush Core . Tannus Armor running 25psi in the rear I suffered a pinch flat. Cush Core so far has been solid.

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
Tannus only thing that stopped it was this. and that was after 1800 miles

20200609_165132.jpg

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
I’ve only used Cushcore, but I’m going to try Air-Liners instead of Tannus when I get my 2nd Mullet + wheelset...

(Prefer to stay tubeless).

Bahling168

Oct 26, 2020
Arizona
Tannus is garbage...UNLESS you ride canals or on the street. I gave them a solid try (8 tubes worth of pinch flats and punctures), and after finally found them a good home in the dumpster. I run Cush Core in all my other bikes, and only held out swapping right away because my Levo had them installed already and the shop wanted a real world test from an aggressive rider (I did not pay for them). They would work if you don't live in Arizona or a place with a lot of pokey things trying to ruin your day. Or if you are a mild rider. If you charge thru things and play in nasty terrain (like rock gardens) they will not hold up. Save yourself a lot of time and money on tubes, and spend the $140 on Cush Core. I have not had a singe flat in over 4 years on any of my bikes with CC installed. Besides just flat protection, you get the ability to run a lower PSI which typically translates to better control and grip.

All that said, yes Tannus is less messy, and very easy to install. Swapping a tube is cake, but still not fun to do on the trail. I had to also carry at least 2 tubes with me, otherwise I didn't feel comfortable.

Oct 20, 2020
Colorado
Tannus is garbage...UNLESS you ride canals or on the street. I gave them a solid try (8 tubes worth of pinch flats and punctures), and after finally found them a good home in the dumpster. I run Cush Core in all my other bikes, and only held out swapping right away because my Levo had them installed already and the shop wanted a real world test from an aggressive rider (I did not pay for them). They would work if you don't live in Arizona or a place with a lot of pokey things trying to ruin your day. Or if you are a mild rider. If you charge thru things and play in nasty terrain (like rock gardens) they will not hold up. Save yourself a lot of time and money on tubes, and spend the $140 on Cush Core. I have not had a singe flat in over 4 years on any of my bikes with CC installed. Besides just flat protection, you get the ability to run a lower PSI which typically translates to better control and grip.

All that said, yes Tannus is less messy, and very easy to install. Swapping a tube is cake, but still not fun to do on the trail. I had to also carry at least 2 tubes with me, otherwise I didn't feel comfortable.
I am more interested in peoples results using a tubeless setup with the Tannus inserts. Also am I alone in thinking that they look like a dissected pool noodle?

Bahling168

Oct 26, 2020
Arizona
I am more interested in peoples results using a tubeless setup with the Tannus inserts. Also am I alone in thinking that they look like a dissected pool noodle?

The new "enduro" Tannus that is meant to be used tubeless is a better product, than the original meat curtain ones I was on. That said, why not just pay a bit more money for something that is proven buy riders not sponsored by Tannus.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles