Cube Stereo with Sram NX Eagle™ Trigger - shifting down is kind of limp?

john.rot

Jan 18, 2019
Bristol
Hi, when shifting "down" (i.e. for easier gearing) the lever goes all the way to the end, shifts OK, then stays there instead of returning to its neutral position. I have to push it back, which is a bit annoying. Do you have any ideas how to fix?
The bike is with my mechanic for a 150mile service, he's going to look into it - I'll ask for an explanation (cause/remedy) and post here in case anybody else experiences this.

john.rot

Jan 18, 2019
Bristol
The mechanic could not find anything wrong with it, the shifter is set up properly, tensioned correctly, it shifts as it should. He looked inside the lever housing but nothing's wrong there. I guess I have to raise it with Cube support.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The mechanic could not find anything wrong with it, the shifter is set up properly, tensioned correctly, it shifts as it should. He looked inside the lever housing but nothing's wrong there. I guess I have to raise it with Cube support.

I don't know what levers you have but I have heard of a couple of things that can cause the problem. One is overtightening the lever on the bars which can distort the casing......the other which sounds less likely since your appears to be a new bike, is the grease inside the lever becoming thick and sticky with age.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Did your mechanic degrease and relube the shifter? It’s easy to do and the first thing i’d try. This video is for a road shifter, but the method is identical for a mountain bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles