Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 Actionteam review

Dave160sl

Apr 17, 2019
Yorkshire
I would agree with everything they said, a little heavy, not the most playful, but boy what a bike if you ride it hard, it just gets better.
And as for value for money, it's unbeatable
Top review ?
It’s the e-bike I wanted but budget wouldn’t stretch that far. In my opinion one of the best looking bikes on the market ?

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
It’s the e-bike I wanted but budget wouldn’t stretch that far. In my opinion one of the best looking bikes on the market ?
I looked at the bike you've got Dave160sl but found my brand new 2018 action team for £4580 at j e James on 0% finance....so couldn't resist for the extra few hundred pounds
I love the luck of the Matt black & grey...... and still really great value
All the cubes are great value for money
Great equipment
Sturdy
Hardly heard of any problems.......
Unlike a few other manufacturers ?

Dave160sl

Apr 17, 2019
Yorkshire
I looked at the bike you've got Dave160sl but found my brand new 2018 action team for £4580 at j e James on 0% finance....so couldn't resist for the extra few hundred pounds
I love the luck of the Matt black & grey...... and still really great value
I got mine with a10% discount so I paid less than £3800. My top top budget was £3500 but managed to squeeze a few extra £ out of the wife?, and for my style of riding it does the job well.

Dave160sl

Apr 17, 2019
Yorkshire
Same as most cube riders ...... we don't need to be 40ft in the air
What we want is a reliable, sturdy, fun to ride bike......
Yeah couldn’t agree more. I see a lot of people slag the Bosch motor, it is my first ebike so can’t compare it. I reckon I could get 45-50 miles out of the battery. Also not come across a hill it hasn’t got me up, so very happy so far.

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
I think cakey boys cube is my favourite looking bike
IMG_0466.jpg

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
Yeah couldn’t agree more. I see a lot of people slag the Bosch motor, it is my first ebike so can’t compare it. I reckon I could get 45-50 miles out of the battery. Also not come across a hill it hasn’t got me up, so very happy so far.
I will be honest I have Deristricted mine
Which just makes it so much more fun..... when you don't hit the drag over 15.5mph ?

Darren Bacon

Feb 12, 2019
nottinghamshire
Yeah that is a nice lo

Yeah I’ve read your review on de-restricting sounds tempting, also cakeyboys bike is 1 nice looking bike ???
Yeah that is a nice lo

Yeah I’ve read your review on de-restricting sounds tempting, also cakeyboys bike is 1 nice looking bike ???
do it you won't regret it. done mine, makes so much difference.

Dave160sl

Apr 17, 2019
Yorkshire
do it you won't regret it. done mine, makes so much difference.
Mine has the kiox display and I’ve seen on YouTube that it registers that it’s been de-restricted, which voids warranty. Only had the bike a few weeks so I’ll see how I feel in couple of months. Also the motor doesn’t cut out till it goes over 17 mph on mine. Still tempting though.

Darren Bacon

Feb 12, 2019
nottinghamshire
Mine has the kiox display and I’ve seen on YouTube that it registers that it’s been de-restricted, which voids warranty. Only had the bike a few weeks so I’ll see how I feel in couple of months. Also the motor doesn’t cut out till it goes over 17 mph on mine. Still tempting though.
mine as the kiox also. 15.9 on mine, not using as much as i thought i would. just nice too keep up a decent pace in town traffic.

sarnie63

Apr 15, 2019
East Yorkshire
On that write up they say they tested the battery range on the highest setting throughout & managed 40.15km with 778 metres of ascent. Surely that can’t be right? 2500ft of climbing & a 25 mile ride on turbo??
I’m only getting that range using a mix of eco, tour & a bit of EMTB!

Dave160sl

Apr 17, 2019
Yorkshire
On that write up they say they tested the battery range on the highest setting throughout & managed 40.15km with 778 metres of ascent. Surely that can’t be right? 2500ft of climbing & a 25 mile ride on turbo??
I’m only getting that range using a mix of eco, tour & a bit of EMTB!
Something not right there pal this was my last ride, mainly used tour and emtb modes and still had 15 miles left in battery

6D7F76BA-ADB6-450B-9026-4453538B66E6.jpeg

Reactions: MsO

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Its the elevation that kills the range, I can get to 30 miles on my Shimano when elevation is less than 1500ft, but only 20 when its closer to 3000ft

Moonballs

Patreon
Aug 15, 2018
Ormskirk
The gear you use for climbs effects battery usage to. I feel dropping to lowest for the climbs could save you a bit of percent compared to 15mph uphill. But let's be honest everyone buys an ebike to fly up the hills

Edit:
shameless self plug: my action team in medium is in the for sale section for anyone who comes to checkout this review ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Rider weight and fitness play a part. I weigh too much and I’m not very fit. I can, and regularly do, flatten a battery in 10-12 miles with 3k ft of climbing using EMTB Mode but I’ve also done 28.5 miles and 2.8k ft using mostly Eco with a bit of EMTB near the end when I was knackered. 8 miles range remaining at the end of that ride too.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Recently I ve donne with 2 friends all Cube´s riders dif specs and fitness levels.
My ride:
distance: 37,7 Km
Elev gain: 1.295 mt
Time moving: 2:20 h mostly: Tour mode and some Emtb wen needed !
Battery remaing : 2 bars left and 20Km estimated range remaining
Ride weight: 76kg

At the end (surprisling) we realized our estimated ranges very similar , but with diff time riding.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles