Cube Stereo 120 Carbon Race

martinf

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton
Hi, I’m thinking of upgrading from Levo HT to either Levo FSr, or Cube Stereo. I’m specifically thinking of a Cube Stereo 120 Race, the carbon one, as I can’t really see the point in having 140/150mm travel, for what I do, and they seem relatively light (my one complaint about my HT Levo), and seem to be on offer in a couple of places, so any specific feedback, pix etc., would be great, thanks

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
My .50 cts of information is as folow :
My wife is riding in all sort of trails (no hard jumps or drops) a Cube stereo 120 "plastic frame" :eek: for a couple of weeks and she´s very happy . A tad ligther than metal frame and I think it´s nevertheless noticeable .

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
Hi, I’m thinking of upgrading from Levo HT to either Levo FSr, or Cube Stereo. I’m specifically thinking of a Cube Stereo 120 Race, the carbon one, as I can’t really see the point in having 140/150mm travel, for what I do, and they seem relatively light (my one complaint about my HT Levo), and seem to be on offer in a couple of places, so any specific feedback, pix etc., would be great, thanks
I really like the feel of cube bikes, because for people like me who are lower skill-level rider and more enhusiast than a pro, I like the more balanced handling (less agile, please dont kill me) and more comfortable seating position of the cubes in general. Finally, you will get much better components for the price, but as all people know a bike is not only a sum of its parts. in conclusion , if you are a very skilled and agile rider who moves the bike a lot, perhaps you will appreciate the levo more. If you are more average, I would recommend the cube any time. Either way, definitely make the change to FS, I see no point in hardtails on an ebike other than cost (again, please don't kill me, just an opinion). Hope it helps.

martinf

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton
Thanks both. I’m certainly not a skilled rider, I just potter about the Downs, but as I’m getting older, I’d like something a bit lighter and kinder on my body than the Levo HT.

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
Thanks both. I’m certainly not a skilled rider, I just potter about the Downs, but as I’m getting older, I’d like something a bit lighter and kinder on my body than the Levo HT.
I definitely think the Cube then is a great fit for you. I think anything 29" in that case is a good choice, it rolls slightly better according to some. Only issue with the cube that you must remember is that it is a Bosch motor so it has more drag than the Levo at the limit. If you can stretch your budget a little I would go for the TM version with better components and 29". Here is a review (dont know if it is imparcial or sponsored). Cube Stereo Hybrid 120 HPC TM 500 review: Is this the perfect E-Trailbike? – eMTB-News.de

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
By the way, the cube despite being carbon is not superlight. You could also look at Canyon Neuron on (They have a new trail model with less travel), which is great if you are less dependent on store service. It is light and has Shimano motor with less drag. Might be less comfy than the cube. Anyway, any FS will be a world of difference for the better...(Cube carbon 23kg, Neuron Alu: 22,5 kg)

martinf

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton
Thanks, that’s a nice looking bike, though tbh it looks more or less the same spec as the 2018 120 HPC Race which is available for about £1000 cheaper, and a couple of kg lighter (it the numbers can be believed). I’ve got nothing against 29ers, my other ‘normal’ bike is a Cotic Solaris 29er, which I still do shorter rides on, occasionally, or when the weather’s crap.

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
Thanks, that’s a nice looking bike, though tbh it looks more or less the same spec as the 2018 120 HPC Race which is available for about £1000 cheaper, and a couple of kg lighter (it the numbers can be believed). I’ve got nothing against 29ers, my other ‘normal’ bike is a Cotic Solaris 29er, which I still do shorter rides on, occasionally, or when the weather’s crap.
With whatever you chose, I think the main change is to FS, so you will be happy. By the way, I think the 2018 model you mention is also 29"... My mistake.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles