Cube HT or FS?

Nailz

Apr 11, 2019
Frankfurt, Germany
Hey all,

I have been an E-biker for around 2 years - I ride a more touring suited kind of bike a Winora Y284X. I have decided to sell it and change over to an MTB so I can get out into the mountains and forests around where I live near Frankfurt in Germany. After sitting on a Giant and some Scotts, the Cube’s just felt so much more comfortable and “right” for want of a better word. So I have narrowed down my choice, accounting for budget and taste to either the Cube Stereo 120 Pro 500 or the Cube Reaction Hybrid EXC 500

The main difference between the two is the fact that the Stereo is an FS and 700 Euros more expensive. I will be using the bike to commute on tarmac to and from work daily and at weekends going off into the forests and mountains around my place to hit the trails. Some pretty big climbs to get to the top of the mountains on fire roads and tracks and then some pretty fast down hill on the same.

Given my use requirements and your knowledge of CUBE bikes, which would you suggest I go for assuming both are in my budget. Is it worth the extra 700?

Thanks! And I am glad to be a part of the forums!

Nailz

Apr 11, 2019
Frankfurt, Germany
I went out and sat on a cube 18inch and they didn’t have any 20 inch.

My size on their website says 19 inch.

The 18 felt ok. But I can’t drop over 3 grand on a bike without first trying the 20 inch to see which feels better. Not sure when they will get them in stock

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
FS even if you don't need it now, you might find yourself riding places you never thought with epowa.

Oh and you can ride up staircases in the city with a FS ebike ?

Good on checking out the 20" you can always go with a shorter stem

Nailz

Apr 11, 2019
Frankfurt, Germany
Up stairs?? Lol that sounds awesome!

Yea I don’t want to pull the trigger until I have ridden both.

Although my head has been slightly turned by the Giant Stance E+1

Buying an EMTB in 2019 is a mine field!!

Snoozeboy

Feb 20, 2019
Lausanne
For the sake of 700 Euros, FS without any doubt.

My Cube Stereo is my first FS after years of HTs and I wouldn't go back. It's noticeably heavier than my missus' HT, but only when you pick it up, not when you ride it. It's also noticeably miles more able off road.

As others have said, on EMTBs you spend a lot more time sitting down, so FS seems way more pros than cons.

Jan 11, 2019
Thirsk
I have a stereo 140 pro and a reaction 400 pro bought the reaction and only 6 week s later had a go on a FS at a demo day and ordered a stereo there and then, to be honest until I completed a basics course I really couldn't really tell the difference but now stereo all the way.

IMG_20190609_113501.jpg

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
For fire tracks / light off-road use is a Cube 140mm much better than a 120 in terms of comfort or is a hardtail a much better choice than either of the above?

I’ve only tried out a hybrid reaction pro 500 hard tail so far.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles