Cube 2020 ?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Black Friday was expensive for me.
there was a 10% discount on the 2 models I wanted so I couldn't afford not to buy them. :)
CUBE STEREO HYBRID 140 HPC RACE 625 (2020)
csm_337122_light_7e30ca7481.jpg

and

CUBE STEREO HYBRID 160 HPC TM 625 (2020)
csm_337152_light_ddeedd7840.jpg

Should arrive this week sometime.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I bypassed the wait and bought direct from Germany. It's a 2020 Reaction Hybrid SLT 625 29 and arrived safely from Bavaria via DHL to Devon. It must have been on its side or upside down so the brakes needed bleeding, £30 extra cost, now perfect. It goes out for its first 20 mile trip next Sunday

Which colour did you get?
Nice bike. Shimano gears and brakes and a top quality fork. Looks like it comes with Smart Sam performance 29x2.6 tyres which have Kevlar in them. If only I could get a pair of those from somewhere.

Malteser

Nov 17, 2019
Devon, UK
It is matt grey/black and the only part I worry about is the plasticky (washing-up bowl type) battery cover which looks like it will only last 50 removals or a few hits on the trail. They should sell that part separately for spares!

Reactions: Bis

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
It is matt grey/black and the only part I worry about is the plasticky (washing-up bowl type) battery cover which looks like it will only last 50 removals or a few hits on the trail. They should sell that part separately for spares!

You should get some good range out of that battery ?

Malteser

Nov 17, 2019
Devon, UK
My cycling group is bi-weekly South Devon (lots of big hills) average age 70 and getting a flat battery is by far the most worrying thing on the trail, higher than big flooded road dips and tractor tracks! The oldest member (86) laughs at us as he does not have an e-bike 'yet'.

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
the only part I worry about is the plasticky (washing-up bowl type) battery cover which looks like it will only last 50 removals or a few hits on the trail. They should sell that part separately for spares!
I've given my stereo 140 tm some hammer in the rocky lake district and tbh the battery cover has taken any rock strikes really well. Due to the slight flexibility and rubberised outer it absorbs the hits without damage so far ?

Greny

Aug 18, 2019
Sw France
Which colour did you get?
Nice bike. Shimano gears and brakes and a top quality fork. Looks like it comes with Smart Sam performance 29x2.6 tyres which have Kevlar in them. If only I could get a pair of those from somewhere.

Why would your like these ? There not great imho.
I ran them and ... now run on a stereo Magic Mary (front) and Hans Dampf at the back. Both tubeless and they preform why better then Smart Sam. Like I said imho ??

Last edited:

Greny

Aug 18, 2019
Sw France
My cycling group is bi-weekly South Devon (lots of big hills) average age 70 and getting a flat battery is by far the most worrying thing on the trail, higher than big flooded road dips and tractor tracks! The oldest member (86) laughs at us as he does not have an e-bike 'yet'.

Yeah battery anxiety , pity that Graham is so slow on getting that extra battery fixed for our Bosch bikes....

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Why would your like these ? There not great imho.
I ran them and ... now run on a stereo Magic Mary (front) and Hans Dampf at the back. Both tubeless and they preform why better then Smart Sam. Like I said imho ??

I have tubes and I’ve not seen 29 x 2.6 Kevlar tyres anywhere so it’s a mystery how Cube seem to supply them on that new bike

Malteser

Nov 17, 2019
Devon, UK
Yes, I have worked through many Continental and Schwalbe types, plus others and have decided that it is personal preference AND what exactly you are doing with the bike (often not described), there is simply no 'best' tyre? With this new e-bike I can manage larger and heavier tyres for the first time happily.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles