Cube 140 Stereo Dilemma - help needed

ka4564

Feb 11, 2019
cornwall
Hi All

I'm at a crossroads! I am about to buy an Emtb. I’m in no rush, but very excited.
However i just popped into my local dealer who has a Cube 140 stereo pro 2019 at £3,299 - they will fit a dropper and tubeless set up FOC. The bike looks lovely. My dilemma is this. I have test rode the specialized levo and loved it, however having read the whole of the internet! I truly believe the Cube offers better value for a rider like me (I’m not a badge snob and I haven’t sat on a cube to date) I no longer ride extreme these days I class myself more a weekend warrior, although I will still be dropping off drops, doing manuals and wheelies etc but to a lesser degree than the past.
As I say I’m happy to take my time, but I did fall in love with the look of this Cube. Should I hold out for a reduction in this model, is there likely to be an upgrade on newer models in the pipeline and is the CX motor the right one for average use.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The cube is a very different bike to the 2019 Levo, for starters the Levo is a 29'r. They are very different bikes, so I would definitely try it before you buy it, preferably on a proper test ride and not round the car park.

Ignoring the motors, you should approach buying an EMTB as you would any other bike, and start off by looking at bikes that have the right basic geometry and specs that you want out of a bike, then start to narrow down the field.

Oldcreaky

Feb 8, 2019
Bristol
The cube stereo 160 race is £3,599.00 list price this is from memory. The top stereo 160 Action team is over 5k and is a good looking bike and a better spec than some dearer bikes. I am due to collect my new bike at the weekend I settled on a stereo 160sl list price £4099.00 this after a lot of research on the net, shame about the drab colours. The best way to decide is to compare the various bike as regard to price and how they are kitted out and of course if it will fit your needs.
As regards the Bosch motor I have had one in my Cube hardtail for nearly 2 years and found it does everything I need it to do. A new motor was fitted under warranty because of bearing noise and the new one seems to be a lot quieter than the original even when new. The Bosch is also upgradable for software, I had the emtb mode put on to mine. I hardly notice the drag after 25kph in fact I only notice after pedalling past the cut off in turbo and only when on flattish terrain. Any of the 140 or 160 ranges will suit most riders its just getting the best value for money and always ask for a discount you may be surprised anything is better than nothing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles