CRC ex-demo 2019 Vitus Sommet deore

dan_65338

Apr 6, 2020
Aberdeenshire
Hi so I just bought a 2019 Vitus Sommet Deore from trisport resort.

Vitus E-Sommet Electric MTB (Deore 1x10) 2019 Red-Black Medium 27.5" (650b) | eBay

It needed a display and charger, Ive ordered the E7000 display as im not fussed about a pretty colourful screen. And I have ordered a EC-E6002 charger, I believe it is the slow one but I couldnt bring myself to spend £130 on the "fast charger".

I've read a lot about the cable junction being a hotspot for mud etc to collect, what is the best solution people have came up with?

Also lack of bash guard concerns me, what is the best solution for this? The carbon rock guards online dont look like the would stop anything. Although would be better than nothing!

Is there anything in particular I need to check with this bike? I am a competent home bike mechanic, but have never had a E-Bike.

Cant wait for it to arrive, so I can get back to some sort of MTB during this lockdown.

Dan.

BenRoberts_EMTB

Author
Jun 8, 2019
Snowdonia
Hello. Welcome to Vitus Ebike ownership.
You wont notice much difference with the charger unless you're in a real hurry to charge.
You can stuff a bit of sump foam in the cable junction or maybe duct tape could work.
Regarding bash guard. Get in touch with Vitus (CRC) as they are supplying all the new Deore ebikes (since march 2020) with bash guards. I'm sure they will send you one out if you request it. The plastic ones are actually really good. All you really need.

Check the pivot bolts and make sure the seatpost cable isn't fouling anywhere.

Otherwise you should be good to go.

Ben

driftmonkey

Apr 7, 2020
Marlow
Hello. Welcome to Vitus Ebike ownership.
You wont notice much difference with the charger unless you're in a real hurry to charge.
You can stuff a bit of sump foam in the cable junction or maybe duct tape could work.
Regarding bash guard. Get in touch with Vitus (CRC) as they are supplying all the new Deore ebikes (since march 2020) with bash guards. I'm sure they will send you one out if you request it. The plastic ones are actually really good. All you really need.

Check the pivot bolts and make sure the seatpost cable isn't fouling anywhere.

Otherwise you should be good to go.

Ben
My 2020 Deore E-Sommet (arrived last week) didn't have a Motor Guard fitted as standard. When I contacted CRC/Wiggle, they pointed me to the E8000 E-Sommet plastic motor guard (which needs a little modification to fit). I have gone for this and will be wielding my hacksaw/sander to make it fit...

Pretty poor on a £3k bike in my opinion.

I used some Duct tape to cover the cable junction and keep the crap out. Simple, cheap and effective.

dan_65338

Apr 6, 2020
Aberdeenshire
Well it’s finally arrived and I am very chuffed.
273C72B6-FDE4-4B82-AF8F-07C78D9B6056.jpeg

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
Great looking bike, was tempted to get one of these had my LBS not had some great run out deals on a Focus Jam 6.7 late last year.

I think I still prefer the looks of the Vitus, and the battery size is sensible as well.

dan_65338

Apr 6, 2020
Aberdeenshire
My 2020 Deore E-Sommet (arrived last week) didn't have a Motor Guard fitted as standard. When I contacted CRC/Wiggle, they pointed me to the E8000 E-Sommet plastic motor guard (which needs a little modification to fit). I have gone for this and will be wielding my hacksaw/sander to make it fit...

Pretty poor on a £3k bike in my opinion.

I used some Duct tape to cover the cable junction and keep the crap out. Simple, cheap and effective.

Hi driftmonkey,

Ive done the same, Ive filed down the edge on the e8000 guard and fitted it. Its got to be better than nothing!

The bike was making a really weird noise after 2 rides, wasn't sure what it was but ended up taking the covers off of the motor, and you wouldn't believe the amount of small stones(about half a mug). So motors been emptied and I have ended up sticking a front mudhugger on the rear backwards along with a RRP neoguard around the shock. Hopefully that will keep the crap out. I will drop the motor at some point and see if theres much can be done from below.

My only disappointment with the bike is the 120mm dropper. This will be getting changed out for at least a 150mm.

@Tooks just buy one, you wont regret it! Youve just missed a massive sale CRC had on the XT model was down to £3200.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I have the same bike it’s great don’t need more than 10speed although did swap shifter to saint shifter I had in spares box also had bars stem & wheels already from previous builds I had a 2017 Vitus Sommet in past so knew I liked the geometry & how it rode

dan_65338

Apr 6, 2020
Aberdeenshire
It’s an awesome bike. Unfortunately the motor packed in last week at 1211km, currently back at Chainreaction to see what they can do. As it’s an ex demo I have no warranty, but they seem keen to get me going again!

dan_65338

Apr 6, 2020
Aberdeenshire
CRC have been pretty awesome. Even though there’s no warranty they have changed out the motor for another with 380km.

Hopefully this one lasts long enough until the new motor is released.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles