Crank arm replacement??

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
upppss.jpg

Bent my crank arm yesterday so will need a replacement. I don't want the same Praxis arm so can anyone advise if all Bosch crank arms are compatible?

poppy

Jun 26, 2018
Gold Coast Queensland
I have a bent L side as well. Slugged it pretty good a couple of months ago. Now im used to it. Will pull it off and give it a straighten at some stage, but at the moment it can stay there. My mate just swapped out for the 165's. Funny how you can feel the difference 5mm makes to your rotation. As Mike said above, $200.00 in Aus for the pair.

Goughy75

Sep 22, 2019
UK
Hi. I bent my drive side crank arm like in the picture. I cant find anywhere that does a replacement, even the UK distributor doesnt have one on its web site. Any sugestions where I can get a Praxis replacement or equivalent?

Tony.OK

Mar 20, 2019
Napier, New Zealand
Taken from Evo cycles for Yamaha Praxxis cranks......useful to know.
Anything ebike with isis spindle may work, not much in NZ it seems, Sram do some....search ex1 isis on Trademe.
Screenshot_20190925-052648_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I did notice how scalloped the Praxxis crank arms are from the inner side. Makes me wonder though... did Giant and Yamaha do this on purpose, in order to protect the motor?

I guess if the arm didn't 'give' during an off, then the motor crankcase housing could bear the full impact - could be more expensive to replace...

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
I don't know if it's just my perception, but I feel like my Raceface cranks are alot more rigid than my Praxxis. Could just be the shorter length :unsure:

I also bent my Praxxis back into shape with a vice and was a little concerned how easy it was. I'll keep them as emergency spares but don't think I'd trust as permanent fixtures.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles