Cracked!!

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
Well shit! Hope Giant NZ get it replaced ASAP!

received_2662405913837092.jpeg

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
yup, good luck.
Giant is now done through Australia and according to one multi-franchise dealer their attitude is ...NZ, don't give a rats about them as their numbers are too low. Needless to say, said dealer pushes his other brands.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
yup - bike dealers are getting a real run-around when trying to make claims and many are coming back as bad maintenance, misuse or crash damage. It seems T7 is the only Giant dealer that gets half-way listened to.

Tony.OK

Mar 20, 2019
Napier, New Zealand
Too many pies? ?
When I got rear ended with bike on rack my rear triangle needed replacing under insurance I had to get a whole new frame as Giant didn't have just the rear ends available.....kinda sucked as I got the black 0+ frame but prefer my old orange one.
Hopefully ya get it sorted.....

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
yup - bike dealers are getting a real run-around when trying to make claims and many are coming back as bad maintenance, misuse or crash damage. It seems T7 is the only Giant dealer that gets half-way listened to.
Interesting :unsure::unsure: This is clearly a product failure under normal riding conditions and the bike is very well maintained. Hope Giant do the right thing here...

Will keep everyone posted!

Fingers crossed

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
When Giant refused warranty on my Carbon Trance I started the proceedure with the Small Claims Court - as soon as the dealer recieved notice he went apeshit at Giant, who then offered a replacement bike.

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
Interesting :unsure::unsure: This is clearly a product failure under normal riding conditions and the bike is very well maintained. Hope Giant do the right thing here...

Will keep everyone posted!

Fingers crossed

Wow, didnt expect to see that:eek: Thats concerning for all us Trance owners.

Yes, keep us posted. Going to inspect mine now

Joe

Crawford919

Aug 7, 2019
USA
They will get it fixed I’m sure. Huge company that is serious about eMTB. Your bike is obviously a factory flaw. I only had one issue with my Trance and the dealer fixed it same day. But next time you should probably get a Reign E if you’re going to hit 20 + ft. gaps to flat! ?

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
They will get it fixed I’m sure. Huge company that is serious about eMTB. Your bike is obviously a factory flaw. I only had one issue with my Trance and the dealer fixed it same day. But next time you should probably get a Reign E if you’re going to hit 20 + ft. gaps to flat! ?

Hope youre right & we dont see more of these failures :unsure:

ryturn

Sep 12, 2019
Australia
yup, good luck.
Giant is now done through Australia and according to one multi-franchise dealer their attitude is ...NZ, don't give a rats about them as their numbers are too low. Needless to say, said dealer pushes his other brands.
never ever ....ever heard an Australian say that about New Zealand in fact for Giant or any brand New Zealand is a HUGE market and we look at New Zealanders as well ...pretty good friends.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I would think NZ being a hub of mtb activity youd be able to get it sorted ? In N america giant is well known for their warrantee. I dont see a lot of problems with their bikes but the ones i have seen are no questions asked with a replacement. Ive seen more than a few super old frames get replaced with newer models . Best of luck. On a weld in a place thats hard to impact, id say youre covered, especially if the pivit is in good working order

Uppy

Mar 8, 2018
Cambridgeshire
Good news! Giant NZ is going to replace the frame under warranty. Getting a small upgrade too. They're getting me a 2019 Trance E+ Pro 0 frame and battery cover. As much as I liked my Orange bike, I think the black is going to look very sexy!
That's what I got. I had the SX pro 0 in orange and blue. Claimed warranty on it as there was a fault with the frame. And they supplied me the black pro o frame. Here is is.
20191230_131335.jpg

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
Not out of the woods yet boys! There is now a sensor fault, the bike won't go more than 20-30m before cutting out. The magnet and sensor are aligned so it must be an internal issue.

....back to the LBS:rolleyes::rolleyes:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles