Cracked 2000km

Macone

E*POWAH Master
Oct 28, 2018
Wellington New Zealand
I've had my Jam2 plus for 5 months now. ticked over 2003kms last night. On my second chain (soon to be third). replaced both sets of brake pads. Bought a new rear tire today which I haven't fitted yet. Ride a variety of Road/Fire breaks/Single Track and generally some pretty steep hills. 58yrs old, 114kg and give this thing a fairly hard time. Not one single problem and its the most fun I've had on two wheels in years (that includes my Harley). Never had a problem charging the internal battery or my TEC pack. Absolutely no regrets about my spend.

Macone

E*POWAH Master
Oct 28, 2018
Wellington New Zealand
Will you replace with the same tyres?
No its coming into Autumn here in New Zealand now so need something a bit more aggressive for the tracks. Just bought a Schwalbe Eddy Current on "one week special" at EVO Cycles for NZ$95, not bad considering the Rekons on the bike are NZ$189. Sticking with the 27.5 x 2.8 sizing as I do like it.

Ross1137

Sep 8, 2018
Australia
I've had my Jam2 plus for 5 months now. ticked over 2003kms last night. On my second chain (soon to be third). replaced both sets of brake pads. Bought a new rear tire today which I haven't fitted yet. Ride a variety of Road/Fire breaks/Single Track and generally some pretty steep hills. 58yrs old, 114kg and give this thing a fairly hard time. Not one single problem and its the most fun I've had on two wheels in years (that includes my Harley). Never had a problem charging the internal battery or my TEC pack. Absolutely no regrets about my spend.
Same with my levo I've had it 5 months done approx 2200kms, I'm 105 kg, what sort
I nearly bought a Focus instead of my second levo, I'm 104kg and have done the same kms in the same time, what sort of range do you get? My best is 72kms with 15% battery left, with slight undulating hills.

DeeJay88

The same! heading to 1500k have replaced the cassette think that was due to my poor riding all Single trail second chain has had a Rear Brake repair under warranty and is in the shop for Rock Shock Warranty oil leaking to the wrong side also blew up my derailleur last week - Hanger broke and spokes dragged it in I too am 118kg now so give it a hard time can run about 25/26psi in rear and 20/22psi in front 27.5+ 2.8 - Have just put a 29" on the front and love it with a 2.3 so running 25/26psi now - Also now running a 38 tooth front ring feel it gets me to use more of the cassette and not having to drop down some many gears on steep sudden short up sections - hopefully cassette will wear more evenly also.

Rang, I get 32-38 out of main Battery (380 Wh) with TEC pack can double have done a 1000m of climbing 110k rail line so very slow climb still had 15% but was struggling last 20-30 k so was just using Trail/boost a lot, I have all setting on lowest settings and now can mostly ride on Eco pretty much most trails.

Still best fun and the better your skills feel the faster and the bigger the stacks - so far have only lost skin and the bike has worn the most damage. Pretty good now 1 I know my local trails pretty good day and night and most issues are on new unfamiliar trails and trying to keep up with my younger 80kg mate so mostly self-inflicted I guess.

Macone

E*POWAH Master
Oct 28, 2018
Wellington New Zealand
Same with my levo I've had it 5 months done approx 2200kms, I'm 105 kg, what sort

I nearly bought a Focus instead of my second levo, I'm 104kg and have done the same kms in the same time, what sort of range do you get? My best is 72kms with 15% battery left, with slight undulating hills.
Range varies a lot. On roads with just slight rises, riding with my "roady" mate on his road bike, I got 71km per battery which I reckon is pretty good (ECO mode). Considering the 378wh batteries. Some real steep hills in boost I can flatten a battery in about 16ks, so lot of variance depending on terrain, and hills. end of the day, I can get best part of 5 hours of my maximum effort out of both batteries. That will do me for an old fella

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles