Cool. New Auto mode implementation on 2020's now released...

Softsand

Dec 5, 2019
Western Australia
I'll give a full update on my bike getting a new motor, my loan of a Reign E+ and more soon but I just got my bike back and couldn't get auto mode to work. I was thinking that I may have a 2019 motor but there is a software change coming for all 2020's. Mine has been upgraded - no one much knew about it...

Unfortunately it isn't available as a upgrade from the app at present. I tried to update my partners 2020 Liv but it reports that the latest update is installed...

Anyway, press and hold the bottom assist button and that now implements auto from any mode. Much better. One button press from anywhere (no assist to full). When deselecting auto, it now drops you into the middle assist level which is a pretty good place to be (compared to none !).

I guess the dealers will have you all on their doorsteps now !

Wernher

May 30, 2019
Cape St Francis
I'll give a full update on my bike getting a new motor, my loan of a Reign E+ and more soon but I just got my bike back and couldn't get auto mode to work. I was thinking that I may have a 2019 motor but there is a software change coming for all 2020's. Mine has been upgraded - no one much knew about it...

Unfortunately it isn't available as a upgrade from the app at present. I tried to update my partners 2020 Liv but it reports that the latest update is installed...

Anyway, press and hold the bottom assist button and that now implements auto from any mode. Much better. One button press from anywhere (no assist to full). When deselecting auto, it now drops you into the middle assist level which is a pretty good place to be (compared to none !).

I guess the dealers will have you all on their doorsteps now !
Brilliant. Almost what I suggested.

Oldcrank

Jan 5, 2020
Albuquerque NM
Dang! My 2020 Stance show ‘Up to Date’.
But no change in AutoMode activation.
I’ll ask my bike shop tomorrow.
Aside:
Did a 17 mile ride, ½ dirt trails, ½ path.
App showed 61% battery remaining. ?

Struthbooth

Nov 20, 2019
Perth Western Australia
I did the update on my Stance E+ 2, and the auto mode worked for one quick ride around the block to test it. Then the next day and ever since I have never been able to get it to work again.

Whats the procedure to getting it to switch to auto mode? Is it just hold the down button for a few seconds?
If anyone can confirm for me as I would like to give it a try on a propper ride and see how it effects battery life.

Cheers
Andrew

Softsand

Dec 5, 2019
Western Australia
I did the update on my Stance E+ 2, and the auto mode worked for one quick ride around the block to test it. Then the next day and ever since I have never been able to get it to work again.

Whats the procedure to getting it to switch to auto mode? Is it just hold the down button for a few seconds?
If anyone can confirm for me as I would like to give it a try on a propper ride and see how it effects battery life.

Cheers
Andrew

Original - press bottom button until zero assist, then one more. Central LED illuminates.
Updated - press and hold bottom button. Center LED will still come on.

Evolution Stu

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jun 30, 2019
Blackpool. U.K.
Odd.
Mine has been in the shop and we tried it on Giants Computer it still reports that it’s on the latest update and works as it always did.

Softsand

Dec 5, 2019
Western Australia
Odd.
Mine has been in the shop and we tried it on Giants Computer it still reports that it’s on the latest update and works as it always did.
I’m beginning to think they’ve pulled the update. My partners Liv went in to the LBS for a first service this week and it wasn’t updated either. ?

Trancer

Feb 19, 2020
UK
I hope its not because only recently produced motors are capable of accepting the new update?

Struthbooth

Nov 20, 2019
Perth Western Australia
So after a bit of researched I found out on my Bike, Stance E+2 2020 model. Since doing the software update via the app, in order to get the Auto mode to work. I have to switch it to Auto Mode when I first switch on the bike. So If I’m Riding and want to put it into Auto mode, I have to power off the bike, power it back in and it always starts in the lowest power setting (first light on Ride control one). Then I pressure power down which turns motor assistance to zero, then press the down button again and then the Middle power light comes on and its in Auto mode. Haven’t given it a proper test yet so will take it for a spin to day and see how it goes switching in and out of auto mode while riding. I think I will gave to turn it off and on again if I want to go back into Auto.

Softsand

Dec 5, 2019
Western Australia
So after a bit of researched I found out on my Bike, Stance E+2 2020 model. Since doing the software update via the app, in order to get the Auto mode to work. I have to switch it to Auto Mode when I first switch on the bike. So If I’m Riding and want to put it into Auto mode, I have to power off the bike, power it back in and it always starts in the lowest power setting (first light on Ride control one). Then I pressure power down which turns motor assistance to zero, then press the down button again and then the Middle power light comes on and its in Auto mode. Haven’t given it a proper test yet so will take it for a spin to day and see how it goes switching in and out of auto mode while riding. I think I will gave to turn it off and on again if I want to go back into Auto.
Thats the original way it was engaged. Should work at any time. Somethings wrong if it doesn’t.

PaulK

Jan 26, 2019
Ramsgate
The auto mode is still accessed by going one past off.
We are shut at the moment due to covid - 19 but i'll check if there was an update that did that.

Evolution Stu

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jun 30, 2019
Blackpool. U.K.
New update now available.
not sure if I dare install it while on lockdown and I can’t get it tote shop for repairs. Lol!

4848C51F-2BEA-40D5-9EA8-0525C24E552C.jpeg

PaulK

Jan 26, 2019
Ramsgate
l just checked on mine and there isn't one for my '20 Trance, nor on the dealer software. ls it an iphone you are using?

Greiddy

Apr 8, 2020
Uk

Cheers
Andrew
I'm the same - starts in Auto Mode but once I come out it cannot get it activated again - no matter how long I hold button in

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles