• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Converting my 2x10 setup to 1x... possible?

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
As usual, I am a complete idiot and don’t know if it’s possible or not for my bike.

Can you also recommend anything that’s 1x?
Yes, it is possible and very easy. I guess it's a Yamaha engine so you just need to get a 104bcd 32, 34 or 36T chainring to replace the outer ring, remove the inner ring and the front derailleur and you are done. Yamaha is very powerful so even with a 11-36 cassette, you will have plenty of climbing power you just need to decide which size of chainring to get - and check the BCD if it's really 104mm but as I remember it is.

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Yes, it is possible and very easy. I guess it's a Yamaha engine so you just need to get a 104bcd 32, 34 or 36T chainring to replace the outer ring, remove the inner ring and the front derailleur and you are done. Yamaha is very powerful so even with a 11-36 cassette, you will have plenty of climbing power you just need to decide which size of chainring to get - and check the BCD if it's really 104mm but as I remember it is.

Ok, cool. What 1x setup do you recommend for the beast? 1x11? 1x12? 1x8?

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
Ok, cool. What 1x setup do you recommend for the beast? 1x11? 1x12? 1x8?
Personally, I would go with Shimano XT 1x11 with a 34T 'Raptor' chainring from Superstar Components. Cheap, great range with a 11-46 cassette. I'm running SRAM 11 and 12 speed on two of my bikes and Shimano XT 11 speed on one bike and I prefer Shimano. When you need to replace ripped off derailleurs Shimano is more economical. :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles