Confused

G08

Apr 11, 2019
West Wales
Evening all . New to all this magic bike thing I have been riding since the early 90s mostly in Wales. I recently bought a spectral on only for the battery fail before the maiden ride so the bike went back. Before I reorder the replacement Canyon expect you to pay for the replacement bike while the broken 1 goes back then they will refund the money. Any way I watched the review by Rob on the Radon Swoop 9 a lot of bike for the money and they state on their website that they have service partners in the UK. So I am torn between the both bikes and need to make my mind up this weekend any advice please

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I don't think there's many, if any people that have ridden both, so comments will be subjective. I'd just read as many reviews and comments online to base your opinion.

I've only experience with canyon customer service. It wasn't good.

sigs66

Mar 27, 2019
Australia
Watch and read reviews and see which reviewer is most similar to your style of thinking or riding. Then make your decision. Any modern ebike will be pretty good.

G08

Apr 11, 2019
West Wales
I don't think there's many, if any people that have ridden both, so comments will be subjective. I'd just read as many reviews and comments online to base your opinion.

I've only experience with canyon customer service. It wasn't good.
I agree with their customer service being below par nearly a week to reply to an email I sent asking for a payment link for the replacement bike . That's why I'm edging towards the Swoop 9 at least they have service partners in the UK.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
If its just the battery that is faulty, I dont see why the can't just send you a new one? Seems ridiculous to send the whole bike back.

G08

Apr 11, 2019
West Wales
If its just the battery that is faulty, I dont see why the can't just send you a new one? Seems ridiculous to send the whole bike back.
My thoughts exactly simpler to send a new battery out than shipping the bike back to Germany

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
What exactly is the issue - are you sure its not something that could be fixed by LBS, or yourself, e.g just a loose connection?

G08

Apr 11, 2019
West Wales
What exactly is the issue - are you sure its not something that could be fixed by LBS, or yourself, e.g just a loose connection?[/QUOTE
I had a chat with Canyons UK mechanic who talked me through some things. He requested the bike be sent back something to do with it being easier to send a replacement bike than get a new battery from Shimano on warranty as they have had issues in the past. Would have thought Canyon would carry spare batteries in their factory

G08

Apr 11, 2019
West Wales
Good to know regarding the Canyon warranty I’ll steer
When I queried the payment notification they sent me for the replacement bike they said it was Canyons way of doing things. Waited nearly 2 weeks after the bike was collected for the refund .

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
The Canyon mechanic I had a chat with seemed to think that it was a battery problem.
Sure, I understand that. But did the battery fail because it is faulty, or did the battery fail because another component is faulty? The lbs mechanic may not be able to determine that, hence the need to return the whole bike.

I could be wrong of course, that was just my thoughts on why they don’t just replace the battery, which is the obvious option.

G08

Apr 11, 2019
West Wales
Sure, I understand that. But did the battery fail because it is faulty, or did the battery fail because another component is faulty? The lbs mechanic may not be able to determine that, hence the need to return the whole bike.

I could be wrong of course, that was just my thoughts on why they don’t just replace the battery, which is the obvious option.
It was fine on the Friday night I removed the battery When I got to Afan the following morning put the battery back on the bike it was not working . Returned home put the battery back on the charger with showed a fault

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
Going back to your first post, personally I think I’d be getting my money back and buy something else. I know they’re not everyones first choice, but I’ve had 3 Cubes, 1 clockwork, and can’t fault them.

G08

Apr 11, 2019
West Wales
Going back to your first post, personally I think I’d be getting my money back and buy something else. I know they’re not everyones first choice, but I’ve had 3 Cubes, 1 clockwork, and can’t fault them.
I have had a refund and looking at other bikes I like the vitus e sommets there's £300 off the lower spec 1 the other bike is the Radon Swoop 9 hybrid. I have a day off tomorrow so may pop in to my lbs to see what I can get for the same price. Cheers for the recommendation

G08

Apr 11, 2019
West Wales
Hi I had a quick look around my lbs today there was a few Cubes there the stereos looked ok will have to go back without my daughter to have a better look nxt time

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles