Compatible Saddle / Frame bag for E-Sommet?

N1ck

Dec 10, 2018
UK
Is anyone running either a frame bag or saddle bag to carry spare tubes / tools? Tired of carrying them on my back tbh. It's a bleedin' minefield of choice, hence would sooner know what works!

smokey_jo

Patreon
Jun 28, 2018
Uk
Seat pack would have to be small otherwise it's going to get hit by the rear wheel with the dropper down. I think weecog do a tiny one. For tools and a mini pump only I use a waist pack but this doesn't give me anywhere to store water for longer rides.

Maybe a top tube feed bag would be good for tools but it would only have room for CO2 cartridge and not a pump - you could then get a waist pack for a water bottle.

Not found a frame bag that works yet.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
As above saddle bags are stupid on long travel bikes with droppers but something tiny that just holds a multitool will work

Dakine hotlaps fits nicely hung from the top tube forwards of the battery.
Top tip: stick a slither of mastic tape under the toptube for it to grip to and stay put.

A tube/Co2 can be strapped to the upperside of the battery easily too.

various waterbottle mounts can be added to the underside of the top tube above the battery on the larger size frames. (Def not on a small)

I'd personally only carry water on my body using a bottle belt/bag as adding water and a full hotlaps to the frame ruins the handling/weight distribution of the bike.

N1ck

Dec 10, 2018
UK
Dakine Hotlaps gripper bag looks like it'll fit the bill perfectly, hadn't come across that yet. Thanks Gary.

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
Not sure if you're looking for a custom frame bag but www.bike-bag.co.uk made a bag for my DIY ebike for £67.50 - i'd recommend him if budget and custom is at the top of your list. He can also do custom embroidery on the bags too.

full

full

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have a Hot Laps, use it on the underside of top tube, doesn’t move around and fits all the bits I need

3FF43395-B2F7-47BA-A47F-78EF4011FE8D.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles