Comparison of Rocky Mountain Altitude Carbon 50 and Specialized Turbo Levo Comp

Leobs81

Sep 10, 2019
Italy
You are perfectly right.... and this is exactly what I have on the back of my mind
So in term of sizing what you would suggest me?

At 165 I am at the top end of the small size and at the bottom of the M size...

Screenshot_20190911-130656_Drive.jpg

WarrenB

May 24, 2019
Saint Paul, MN USA
Interesting. I focused on the reach measurements (among other geo aspects) of the bikes I was looking at and thought the large RM was actually slightly longer than the large Levo. Does that not transfer to the smaller sizes?

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
Hi guys, really new here on the forum... I just tasted a 2019 altiture carbon 70...??? it feels soo good.... It would be my first e-bike but I have a doubt.
From geometry wise it does seems RM did not embrace the long top tube philosophy that all others are following. Picking up the example of Levo vs Altitude the same frame size has 2.5 cm difference in lenght. This might also be the lively feeling.
Saying that what to vhoose? I'm 165 cm and I could not decide whether to go for a 2019 Small discounted 20% or going for the 2020 Medium...
Hi. If you can, try a medium for fit. An awesome thing about an e-mtb is the ability to ride for miles on varying terrain, and having a bike that has a bit of room for you to move about and be comfortable
can be a bonus. I haven't ridden a 29er Levo, but I would expect it to be quite a different experience to an Altitude. If a Levo was on my radar, it would be an RM Instinct that I would compare it to, but maybe that's just me ?

Jeddz

Sep 8, 2019
Sydney
Oh wow, maybe thats my problem too. I weigh the same as you and dropped it down to 75psi, seems a little better but still way too harsh on small bump sensitivity. Please share your best setup, tokens and psi Jeddz.

Hi.

So after some testing I opted for 2 tokens, 70psi, 10 clicks of rebound and 4 clicks of slow speed compression adjustment. I have set the tyre pressures at 18psi.

I’m riding on some loose rocky trails and so I have set up for that. There are mixed surfaces over all but if I was on buff trails I’d probably have left the tokens out and set the pressures at 90psi and 12 clicks of rebound.

As I mentioned I’m about 90kgs fully loaded

Gigs

May 24, 2019
Australia
Hi.

So after some testing I opted for 2 tokens, 70psi, 10 clicks of rebound and 4 clicks of slow speed compression adjustment. I have set the tyre pressures at 18psi.

I’m riding on some loose rocky trails and so I have set up for that. There are mixed surfaces over all but if I was on buff trails I’d probably have left the tokens out and set the pressures at 90psi and 12 clicks of rebound.

As I mentioned I’m about 90kgs fully loaded

Legend. Thanks for this I plan on a long ride tomorrow and will try your setup and report back. Thank you!

sam

May 1, 2019
australia
If I was to upgrade my fork on my c70 to the factory 36, should I get the 44 or 51 offset? What would the difference be?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles