Commencal meta power sx or yt decoy???

Thepup100

Feb 17, 2020
UK
Hey guys, looking for first emtb (coming from trek remedy 9.7). What are your thoughts on the meta power xs or the decoy. Was leaning towards the decoy Comp but the Commie looks shweeeet! Hoping to get to one of the yt Road shows in June but wasn't sure where I could try the meta in the UK? I'm 40 and about 105kg / 6ft - not sure that makes any difference Re: which bike I should go for. I know there might be a new 700wh battery coming out for the decoy, but not sure when. Also, heard some mixed reviews about yt support in the UK - not sure about commencal support? Any advice appreciated!

Jim25

Jan 23, 2020
London
Commencal are direct sale too now. So you'll struggle with a proper demo off one.
I was interested in a meta power, but the local shop who act as an agent for them said I could come and take a look at one but not demo it.

zaykay

Dec 3, 2019
Finland
Based on geometry and suspension travel they are different kind of bikes. SX model is very freeride/dh oriented for steep terrain when Decoy is more mellow. So depends a lot what kind of terrain you ride. If you are looking for something similar than Remedy, I guess from these two brands Decoy 29'r would be closest.

Armeniandave

Sep 10, 2018
San Diego, California
I have the Decoy Pro CF and it is a beast of a bike. I had a Levo before
but the Decoy is just much more capable all around for my type of
riding. Probably both great bikes but the Decoy is the best bike I've
ever owned and I've owned a lot of bikes!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles