Commencal Meta Power Rear Brake Hose Routing

GOSBTS

Sep 24, 2018
Sussex
Hi Fellow MP'ers

If i want to change the rear brake hose, is it fairly straight forward or do i have to drop the motor out, which I don't particularly want to do? Hopefully I can just attach to the old hose and pull through a section of cable outer to then repull through new hose into the right holes.

Has anyone done it? Advice appreciated.

Thanks.

vham777

Oct 8, 2018
Switzerland
HI @GOSBTS

i did and just strapped the new cable on to the old one i pulled it through (direction to the brake lever). it went good first time i did it, but second time cable has been lost (mainly because the new cable actually had a bigger diameter)....!!!! if you do it carefully there will be no issue

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
You can pull the brake hose through without dropping the motor although it's not a big deal.
I use the Reverb hose connector for this stuff.
Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 5.27.13 PM.jpg

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
Hi Guys, I tried and failed. My old hose is stuck halfway in the downtube with my duct tape on and come off teh length of cable I was using. Help. Any suggestions?

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
My rear brake has gone completely soft.

No amount of bleeding has solved it. A local LBS suggested caliper failure, however given it could be caliper, lever or hose, I purchased a complete new M8120 and Commencal have asked me to return the brake for warranty with Shimano, so trying to get all old bits off and new lever, hose and caliper on.

I've managed to get the hose back up to the entry point in the frame since my original post and see the hose goes through a foam tube. I assume its for keeping the cable quiet in the frame. I guess the duct tape is not allowing the hose to slide through the foam. I've ordered a Reverb hose connector as suggested above and will try and "pull" the new hose up through from the caliper end when it arrives. That is if the Reverb tool isn't too fat for the foam..... in which case I'll be stumped again.

All LBS in Dorset seem to have a minimum 6-8 week lead time for repairs. So whilst I can get advice / bits, I can't get an "expert" to do it for me.

I can't see how to gain access to the routing as the motor and battery mounts are in the way and I don't have the tools or want to go near them!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles