Commencal Meta Power Race Fox!

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx
I have the 2018 Meta Power Fox, it is definitely worth the price. It's ready to rock from the get go. For me because of the Fox Factory 36 Fork and Fox Factory DPX2. These alone are worth the price of admission. And the upgraded TRS Wheels has been great. I liked the EX1, but bent some cogs. The price of a replacement cassette is ridiculous, So I ended up swapping over to 11sp sunrace cassette. Already had a shifter and derailleur, so only $52 and now easily replaceable. The only other thing I changed is the tires, just personal preference, went from 2.5's that came on the bike to the 3.0 and 2.8 that are currently on the bike.
1541097817548.png

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
I have the 2018 Meta Power Fox, it is definitely worth the price. It's ready to rock from the get go. For me because of the Fox Factory 36 Fork and Fox Factory DPX2. These alone are worth the price of admission. And the upgraded TRS Wheels has been great. I liked the EX1, but bent some cogs. The price of a replacement cassette is ridiculous, So I ended up swapping over to 11sp sunrace cassette. Already had a shifter and derailleur, so only $52 and now easily replaceable. The only other thing I changed is the tires, just personal preference, went from 2.5's that came on the bike to the 3.0 and 2.8 that are currently on the bike. View attachment 7092
What a great looking bike. Im literally a week or so off ordering potentially one of these. My only problem is I'm torn between this metapower, the Canyon or the Lapierre over volt 927i......i really really don't no which way to turn.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
What a great looking bike. Im literally a week or so off ordering potentially one of these. My only problem is I'm torn between this metapower, the Canyon or the Lapierre over volt 927i......i really really don't no which way to turn.
I would answer that by looking at which of those 3 manufacturers is doing well in top race events like Ews etc with their normal bikes the meta 4.2 has a proven pedigree there and commencal built the ebike to ride like a meta with a motor ,which it really does unlike other manufacturers that built a bike to fit a motor .

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
I would answer that by looking at which of those 3 manufacturers is doing well in top race events like Ews etc with their normal bikes the meta 4.2 has a proven pedigree there and commencal built the ebike to ride like a meta with a motor ,which it really does unlike other manufacturers that built a bike to fit a motor .
The Commencal is leading the way i think to be fair. Whats the standard pedals like that come with it?? As of today the Commencal is the cheapest I've seen it too i can only assume its the euro fluctuating

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
Have you managed to mount a water bottle on your frame??

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
Pedals are plastic wellgos. I use a mutherload strap for a waterbottle mount.

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I think mine came with some cheap end welgo alloy pedals , better than most bikes to be fair , but I clip in anyway so never even tried them
Lack of bottle mounting space is my only bugbear with the bike , mutherload strap does the job ok I’ve tried that too ,but I’ve just got used to the camelback again now ,

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
The water bottle was an interesting revelation for me. :) I strapped a cage on the top tube but it turned out on shorter rides (1-2hr) I don’t need water and for longer ones I’m carrying a backpack anyways.
I didn’t ride the other two but I cannot imagine that they ride better than the Meta Power. It’s a ‘nimble tank’, an absolute beast up and down. The geo is spot on, the frame looks and feels robust I don’t see any weak points.
I’m sure you would like any of the three bikes but I think the Meta gives you the most for your money - not just specs but riding characteristics.
It came with some Wellgo pedals but I had my preferred Nukeproof Horizons so I’m using those. Pedals are like saddles, personal preference.

Dwazzer

Oct 10, 2018
Cumbria UK

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
Iam sure you won’t, but dont forget the brakes need swapping left to right , I did in my haste to get out and ride ?
Yeah I noticed earlier they was the wrong way round. Can you alter the angle of the shimano selector on the left? Seems a tad too far round for me but couldn't see anything to looser off to rotate

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I was just about to push the button on that one...but ended up getting a Kenevo instead! Only reason I didn’t go for the Commencal was the lack of dealer support ? I was so bloomin close though...I still wonder if I should’ve gone for it ?
Too late now support is very good indeed

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
That’s good to hear! I’m happy with my Kenevo (VERY happy!) but I do think the spec on the Commencal offered much better components for your cash! I was just more comfortable using my local bike shop ?
We all have different choices and reasons and I realise that not everyone is happy to do all thier own maintenance . The Kenevo looks like an amazing bike

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yeah I noticed earlier they was the wrong way round. Can you alter the angle of the shimano selector on the left? Seems a tad too far round for me but couldn't see anything to looser off to rotate
Sure it can be rotated. I think there is a small cover you need to open and you can loosen the screw. I don't remember exactly because I took it off immediately when I got the bike and installed the E6000 assist switch instead.

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
Sure it can be rotated. I think there is a small cover you need to open and you can loosen the screw. I don't remember exactly because I took it off immediately when I got the bike and installed the E6000 assist switch instead.
What's the biggest difference between the standard and the e6000??

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
Which wolftooth dropper option do I need for the meta power? Seems like a few options also looks like I'm going to get the e6000 too swing as I'm hearing so much noise about it

Al-Rider

Oct 14, 2018
Lisboa, Portugal
Thanks Tamas. I forgot to check the Commençal website where they guide you step by step on how to mount and tune your new Meta Power :oops:. Now everything is clear. Can't wait to try this baby on the trails

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles