Commencal Meta Power - Buying direct in Andorra?

Oct 28, 2018
North Yorkshire
Hi all,
I've just got back from Andorra and took the opportunity while there to visit the Commencal showroom.
Talked to the nice gentleman from Commencal about buying a bike (probably Meta Power 29 Essential Fox) later in the year from Andorra and saving 10% on the list price; I'm believe the saving is down to Andorran VAT currently being 9.5%. Any components purchased are also discounted, eg additional battery!
I'm thinking the saving would help fund the trip and I can take the bike to Vallnord bike park for a few days before heading back to the UK; it would also provide the chance to 'test' the bike in full before leaving Andorra.
Has anyone had any experience of purchasing Commencals in Andorra? Obviously, I would need to get the bike either in to Spain or France on the way home... and then there is Brexit...
Members thoughts would be appreciated.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I think if you are combining it with a road trip out there it sounds like a great plan. Perhaps the biggest issues that come with buying bikes direct is them either getting damaged in transit, or the PDI being rushed meaning you have to spend some time checking everything when you get it - I suspect buying from them out there would mean getting a perfectly set up bike.

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
While in Barcelona in 2016, I considered buying a commencal bike on a bus trip to Andorra and the seller suggested it would not be a good idea, since the chance of having problems with customs at the border would be high. They then told me they would better deliver a bike to me in Barcelona then have me trying to cross the border with it.

Oct 28, 2018
North Yorkshire
While in Barcelona in 2016, I considered buying a commencal bike on a bus trip to Andorra and the seller suggested it would not be a good idea, since the chance of having problems with customs at the border would be high. They then told me they would better deliver a bike to me in Barcelona then have me trying to cross the border with it.

Hmm.. I did mention the customs side of things to them. They suggested that so many bikes cross the border from France and Spain during summer for the bike park that it should not be a problem, but I could end up unlucky. I suspect if I crossed with all the new packaging etc. that the bike arrived in, it may tip them off!

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Imagine you'll be fine with an obviously used bike at customs. I've down a LOT and never had to prove I own my things

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles